Unsolicited sales Emails at work

ATTAK Z

Dblock, do you have letters to put after your name?

No but that's not why I think it's naff. Even if I had a phd I wouldn't stuff it down people's throat.

Stuffing it down people's throat, what an email? Wow.

Exactly.

Three little letters within an email signature is hardly having a party on someones front lawn with your motor board on your head screaming how much better than everyone else they are....

Wasn't saying he was stuffing it down my throat? People who do stuff like that, correct peoples grammar and spelling have massive egos. Always. They have to let you know at any possibility they are better than you.

Just like everyone in a flash car is a ****er.

#generalisation

No its not a generalisation 2 guys I know. both are professors. 1 insists on being called professor and just acts like prat and has a high opinion of himself. Thinks everyone else is stupid. Other is a professor in a different field but is the head of his department etc etc. He is very polite, doesn't want to be called professor etc etc. We have very good debates about things.

#notgenerlisation

If you have a flash car and your drive it round and round town, basically do stuff to get noticed in it you are a prat. If your one of those people that just happens to mention his car costs more than my house your a prat. If you drive a nice car and humble about it I will respect that person as I love expensive cars IRL.

No but that's not why I think it's naff. Even if I had a phd I wouldn't stuff it down people's throat.

Exactly.

Three little letters within an email signature is hardly having a party on someones front lawn with your motor board on your head screaming how much better than everyone else they are....

Wasn't saying he was stuffing it down my throat? People who do stuff like that, correct peoples grammar and spelling have massive egos. Always. They have to let you know at any possibility they are better than you.

#generalisation

No its not a generalisation 2 guys I know. both are professors. 1 insists on being called professor and just acts like prat and has a high opinion of himself. Thinks everyone else is stupid. Other is a professor in a different field but is the head of his department etc etc. He is very polite, doesn't want to be called professor etc etc. We have very good debates about things.

#notgenerlisation

If you have a flash car and your drive it round and round town, basically do stuff to get noticed in it you are a prat. If your one of those people that just happens to mention his car costs more than my house your a prat. If you drive a nice car and humble about it I will respect that person as I love expensive cars IRL.

Differentiate between driving around town and just driving somewhere, as people do in cars............

When I had my Lambo I never EVER mentioned to anyone, purely to avoid the aspersions of people like you. But people would see me in it or hear about it and make assumptions about me that were completely untrue.

In the same way that you assume that anyone who puts letters after their name is in someway showing off or in someway is thrusting their perceived intellect upon you.

For, the record I could legally put Bsc, CeFa & CeMap after my name, but I don't, just in case I offend delicate little flowers like you, but I also don't feel insecure by people that do.

I hate it when I get adverts put in places I don't want. Eg flyers on my car, after I've detailed her and then it rains and turns to mush. Rang up one guy and gave him a right ear full. Had just had my previous car valeted. £50 and then an hour later, rain +flyer = paper marche.

The other day I rang up a company who keep sticking stickers on our work windows advertising their emergency replacement shop windows. He got an ear full too but the git on the phone said OK thank you have a good day little girl as we ended the call so I swore back at him in anger.

Hate them all! :angry:

So you don't put forum flyers on cars then Dip?

• Like 1

Exactly.

#generalisation

#notgenerlisation

Differentiate between driving around town and just driving somewhere, as people do in cars............

When I had my Lambo I never EVER mentioned to anyone, purely to avoid the aspersions of people like you. But people would see me in it or hear about it and make assumptions about me that were completely untrue.

In the same way that you assume that anyone who puts letters after their name is in someway showing off or in someway is thrusting their perceived intellect upon you.

For, the record I could legally put Bsc, CeFa & CeMap after my name, but I don't, just in case I offend delicate little flowers like you, but I also don't feel insecure by people that do.

With all them letters after your name but you didn't read my post properly did you? I didn't say around I said round and round like doin' rounds init. Come on you have to do better than that.

Like me? When I see a young guy round here driving a r8 I think good for him. He must have worked hard for that. So you don't know me yet you are telling me how I judge people?

I don't care if you stick all the letters after your name you come across with the ego not me? Little flower lol. Your the pencil pusher. I think it comes more to the fact that the middle class would do things like that and the "working" class like me think its obnoxious.

Edited by Dblock

I'm sorry, I can't respond to anyone that uses "init" in a post as an actual word.

Although it's interesting that you say "So you don't know me yet you are telling me how I judge people?"

Yet you gladly judge people that you don't know based on them pulling letters after their name?

Again, you show your own particular lack of insight or intellect in assuming people putting letters after their name are middle class and projecting yourself into the working class category so that you can make an argument that everyone working class would think that putting letters after your name is obnoxious, which is frankly pathetic which just again exposes your own inferiority complex.

For the record, I'm not middle class. I grew up in a fairly deprived area, to a single parent, with no money beyond the necessities in a one bedroom flat above some shops. It would have been easy to join the masses of local reprobates and hate the 'obnoxious' middle classes but I decided to instead, graft my arse off and am now in a position, if I wanted to, to put letters after my name. Which is why is highly offensive to hear people like you to say it's 'willy waving'. Especially when you just dismiss getting a degree as irrelevant.

I'm sorry, I can't respond to anyone that uses "init" in a post as an actual word.

Although it's interesting that you say "So you don't know me yet you are telling me how I judge people?"

Yet you gladly judge people that you don't know based on them pulling letters after their name?

Again, you show your own particular lack of insight or intellect in assuming people putting letters after their name are middle class and projecting yourself into the working class category so that you can make an argument that everyone working class would think that putting letters after your name is obnoxious, which is frankly pathetic which just again exposes your own inferiority complex.

For the record, I'm not middle class. I grew up in a fairly deprived area, to a single parent, with no money beyond the necessities in a one bedroom flat above some shops. It would have been easy to join the masses of local reprobates and hate the 'obnoxious' middle classes but I decided to instead, graft my arse off and am now in a position, if I wanted to, to put letters after my name. Which is why is highly offensive to hear people like you to say it's 'willy waving'. Especially when you just dismiss getting a degree as irrelevant.

Yes because its willy waving.

Aww little flower getting upset I thought it didn't bother you? I used init sarcastically.

I'm sure Ewan221 could diagnose me with inferiority complex but you don't know what your talking about. :lol: Was your degree in mental health? If not I'd stop branding people with complexes. Just because you have A degree doesn't make you a doctor as well as whatever you got your degree in. I never said a degree was irrelevant but it ISN'T a sign of intelligence. I don't know what or who's post you are reading but you're twisting my words and arguing with yourself. It is a sign of determination, hard work, passion and planning. Would you trust your car with someone straight out of college or a highly skilled mechanic who has done it all his life but according to you because he doesn't have a degree he is stupid. I'd rather leave it with the highly skilled mechanic.

Anyway you seem to be getting butthurt by it so I'll just leave it there :) Agree or disagree with me I really don't mind

Yes because its willy waving.

Aww little flower getting upset I thought it didn't bother you? I used init sarcastically.

I'm sure Ewan221 could diagnose me with inferiority complex but you don't know what your talking about. :lol: Was your degree in mental health? If not I'd stop branding people with complexes. Just because you have A degree doesn't make you a doctor as well as whatever you got your degree in. I never said a degree was irrelevant but it ISN'T a sign of intelligence. I don't know what or who's post you are reading but you're twisting my words and arguing with yourself. It is a sign of determination, hard work, passion and planning. Would you trust your car with someone straight out of college or a highly skilled mechanic who has done it all his life but according to you because he doesn't have a degree he is stupid. I'd rather leave it with the highly skilled mechanic.

Anyway you seem to be getting butthurt by it so I'll just leave it there :) Agree or disagree with me I really don't mind

Where did I state that anyone without a degree was stupid? Nowhere. Again that's come from your own assertions and obvious inferiority complexes.

And I'm not getting upset at all, I have letters to put after my name and choose not to. Therefore your limited views don't actually apply to me.

Again, it pretty damning that the person with the biggest opinion about letters after their name, doesn't have them.

I'm sure if you dedicated three years of your life to a degree course, if you could pass it, your opinion would change to one like mine. I don't see people with letters after their name and think they are willy waving because I can relate to the amount of time and effort it to to get their degree, as I did.

• Like 1