Never seen this symbol before

ioneabee

I wonder what it could mean ???

on a serious note though - how does it know ?

same as the air pressure monitor - there's no sensor into the trye .................. so how does it do that

I'll just go my "it's magic" theory for now..........................unless anyone know different

IMAG0389_zpsd90a3378.jpg

ps

sorry about quality of pick - the road was bumpy

and my sons hand is not steady reaching across there

Never had that, but logic would dictate you have low air pressure or a flat coming. ;)

Intersting question though, Must be a sensor somewhere

Other than thaty it could just mean the car knows you have a wheel attached.....

Edited by Will370z

low air pressure is a different symbol Will

methinks, I'm running out of rubber ??? - the rears are pretty thin on the outside edges (but fairly good on the inner edge), but I suspect I'm at the limit of the 25% tread rule ?

No idea but perhaps it may work based on rolling radius'? It may detect a minor percentage difference on tolerable levels. The radius would be smaller if the tyre was losing air but the tpms would trigger and supercede this message.

All just a theory. :lol:

Tyre replacement indicator. I think its worked out on mileage done by your tyres. You can set or reset this in you trip computer.

Go to sub menu Maintenance. On there you can set distance reminders to change oil filter/ oil/ tyres.

Hope this helps.

Tyre replacement indicator. I think its worked out on mileage done by your tyres. You can set or reset this in you trip computer.

Go to sub menu Maintenance. On there you can set distance reminders to change oil filter/ oil/ tyres.

Hope this helps.

This.

I seem to remember there are a number of maintenance reminders you can set to certain milage/time values and it will remind you. Means it reminds you to check certain things like oil. coolant, tyres, etc. I'm betting thats what it is. On my old 370z I dont remember them being defined as certain things such as tyres etc, I just had reminder 1, 2, 3 and you had to remember what it was you're reminding yourself to check :lol:

That would explain it - I had a low air pressure warning come up last week (after the alloys were repaired - he didn't inflate them enough) - so was fiddling with the setting trying to re-set the air pressure monitor ........ only it apparently doesn't need manually resetting :)