Potential market for kinetic style plenum?

Woods1

Hi guys just a feeler thread-

I've been looking into intake manifolds since I bought the zed and I'd love a kinetic plenum as they seem off reviews to give good gains but there also the thick end of £800 quid and seem to all come from the states.

I'm going to be fabbing up the plenum aften I've finished the inventor 3d model and get it dyno'ed to give before and after results.

The main question is, is this something that other zed owners would be intrested in? A proven intake plenum, made well with all the supporting calculations and proven dyno results around the £500 or below mark?

If my example works out well I may start to manufacture these in small batches and wonder if others may be as intrested as I am in unlocking more gains than a spacer can give?

Be intrested to see if you got good gains on an SC'd Zed, in which case I may be intrested - the kinetix V1 was known for blowing the welds (here come the F and F quotes) on high boost FI Zeds.

Be intrested to see if you got good gains on an SC'd Zed, in which case I may be intrested - the kinetix V1 was known for blowing the welds (here come the F and F quotes) on high boost FI Zeds.

The manifold im doing is for an N/A zed, FI is a different beast and would warrent a different design. If there was enough interest then i will come up with a design and will need a test car, but as the majority of us owners will be N/A il be sorting that out first.

I just begrudge paying nearly a grand for an intake when i know i can design and manufacture one for half that. And im surprised to hear that the kinetic ones fail on the welds, that sopunds bad quality and i can stress that anything i do would be fully purged when welding and id pressure test the manifold to assure quality.

• 4 weeks later...

The manifold im doing is for an N/A zed, FI is a different beast and would warrent a different design. If there was enough interest then i will come up with a design and will need a test car, but as the majority of us owners will be N/A il be sorting that out first.

I just begrudge paying nearly a grand for an intake when i know i can design and manufacture one for half that. And im surprised to hear that the kinetic ones fail on the welds, that sopunds bad quality and i can stress that anything i do would be fully purged when welding and id pressure test the manifold to assure quality.

Hows the design coming along?

Just thought I'd mention, a lot of us have the plenum spacer - so would your design work in conjunction with that ?

He's talking about doing away with the stock plenum and replacing with a different style intake. Your plenum spacer would be redundant

This is the kinetix he's talking about

KinetixIntakeManifold001.jpg

• Like 1

Logically you could swicth that 180 degrees by shortening the intake pipe, then have a more direct - even a bifucating - feed to the plenum.

How does this design even out the intake pressure between cylinders?

It looks like the air delivery would be uneven, and with such a large plenum area does it suffer from positive or negative pressure?

Maybe the Z isn't that fussy and works fine but this sort of design must make a difference to how the throttle behaves.

Edited by Toon Chris

• 6 months later...

Hey did you get any further with this?