Who put that kerb there??

MrsNiki

Trying to park today and an impatient taxi driver didn't like being held up and beeped at me, tried to rush my parking and did this:

11EFA707-51FE-4DC5-809F-005A14182DF4-14040-000005EAA266728E_zps9760e88e.jpg

I am so mad with myself, and I know the pic ain't the best, but what's the verdict? Any quick way to fix this or is it a powder coating job? :(

Please help make a sad girl happy again and tell me it's salvageable!!

You could get a smart repair done on that I would have thought. Don't be too mad with yourself - I've just done one of mine for the second time in as many months! Tis easily done if you're running a slight stretch on your tyres (that's my excuse anyway! :lol: ). Where are you based? I know a good place in North London who I've used before and you can't tell where they've repaired the rim at all. I'd have to dig out their details later on if you're interested.

You could do two things:

£50-70 - Full refurb

£10 - Touch up pen matched to your wheel colour at halfords

I would do the cheaper option first then if it still annoys you get the full refurb :)

Don't feel too bad on yourself the wheels stick out alot on the Z with spacers!

• Like 1

I think you got off lightly. I reversed into a kerb very slowly at a 45 degree angle last week, just kind of bounced off it so figured it was ok. On inspection there is a tiny chip on the Rota rim but a huge gash in the tyre sidewall, expensive mistake! I've now been waiting 10 days for the stupid tyre to turn up and been running the spare since. It kind of looks like Nemo from the rear with a 155 and 275 tyre :lol:

Yep, i'm blaming spacers, stretch tyres and the impatient cabbie.... I will get a pen from halfords for the short term, but my boyfriend used a good place in Lincoln to get his BMW wheels refurbed for a good price, so i think the wheel will get a full refurb.

This afternoon i will mainly be lining all the kerbs on my street with rubber edging. This WILL NOT happen again!!

Didn't help that when i text the other half straight after i did it the first response i got was 'well it was inevitable it would happen' :rant: That is not how to make me feel better. He should have just told me to chill out with a glass of wine!

Don't feel bad missnikki, I did the same to one of my fronts on a Pistonheads Run last Sunday, only had the whole set refurbed last Feb too :s

My boyfriend does refurbs but he's in Surrey, hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

He should become a mobile service and help members nationwide.....just sayin ;)

Edited by BulletMagnet

Lol he's slowly going to get himself sorted to do his own work as well but with the amount of work he has being based at a dealership it's easier than going out and looking for it, especially with smart repair, one woman came in last week stressing because she couldn't get a blob of sap off with a tissue lol

Mr Niki has just kerbed another one so he's not looking so smug now!! He's gonna try and sort them himself first, and then gonna get them repaired properly when I get some rim protection *snigger*... Just sounds sooooo wrong!!!