Could be returning to the fold!

I've been a member for years since owning an 05 JDM 350z. Loved the car, sold to my bro who still has it. Since then I moved to 330BMW, then 350z hi-rev bulge model, then almost new 370z and currently a 58 civic type R.

I'm really missing RWD and talking to my bro he's toying with the idea of getting rid of his (my old car). we could probably swap with a few k my way so I'm very tempted.

Its an 05 JDM in sunset with 60kmileage. When I sold him the car it was fully serviced (since UK anyway) and I gave him a spreadsheet with pictures and figures for all work/mods. Since then he hasn't even serviced it (about 3 years) but car just flew through MOT.

I love the car and still miss it. the hi-rev I owned was a massive improvement but I can't spend on a new car as I'm relocating to Canada hopefully around 9 months time (visa). I kind of like the idea of rescuing this from him.

He's valuing it at 5k, seems reasonable, mine is worth prob 7k+ (its mint, low mileage, in stunning red) so looking for 2k my way.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and will be surfing the forum again for a while :)

Feel free to say if I'm crazy considering this, the CTR is a stunning car, especially the interior, but I really miss the large engine grunt and RWD feel.

Save the zed but knock him down another £500 :thumbs:

+1 I'd maybe even go in Mike Brewer stylee with an offer of £4200

If he does decide to sell it privately (not to you), then he might struggle once he mentions it hasn't been serviced in 3 years! :scare:

I bet he's run it on 95RON fuel too :)

Save the zed but knock him down another £500 :thumbs:

+1 I'd maybe even go in Mike Brewer stylee with an offer of £4200

If he does decide to sell it privately (not to you), then he might struggle once he mentions it hasn't been serviced in 3 years! :scare:

I bet he's run it on 95RON fuel too :)

Correct..on servicing...he said problems more likely to occur when you're doing stuff on the car so why do it, and its been running fine. Shrug!

On petrol...well it runs perfectly fine on 95RON.

I know. I tried. Really. I am very tempted to rescue her, I loved that car. He's not a petrol head, loves the car but not the maintenance and doesn't take telling.

Edited by Ozz

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading out to Toronto most likely, I work for a Canadian/Brazilian firm and my russian/canadian wife's family are in Toronto, just working through visa process now.

Still undecided on car, he still hasn't serviced it and my car is running perfectly so I'm not sure - plus I hear what people are saying about mine will be easier to sell when I relocate. Such a shame, she's a nice motor and seems to be running well even with lack of care.

I really do miss the zeds though, what I really want is another hi-rev but can't justify spend. I should never have part'ex'd mine for the 370z, I took a huge hit.

I've seen a few zeds out there, no idea on price. I'll probably be buying a big truck, if I go for a sports car then it will likely involve jumping on the mustang bandwagon :)

I've seen a few zeds out there, no idea on price. I'll probably be buying a big truck, if I go for a sports car then it will likely involve jumping on the mustang bandwagon :)

I sold my 07 Coupe for 8K GBP :surrender: as long as your car is on the manifest with your shipping you MAY NOT have to pay the tax to import, I estimated that shipping and all that jazz would be about 3-4k GBP. I saw an exact same model as mine up for 22K CAD . . so small profit maybe :shrug: but not worth the hassle IMO.

Also different territories have different rules, so I could not have imported an 03-05 due to the emissions here in BC