Airbags...

coldel

Ive been doing some reading on this and it appears the 350z isn't a model affected (at least, its not mentioned specifically as an affected model) so we should be OK, but I don't see any online way to check if you're affected.

Surely Nissan could set up a VIN number search where you input it and it says if you need to go to a dealers to get a fix applied??

Ive been doing some reading on this and it appears the 350z isn't a model affected (at least, its not mentioned specifically as an affected model) so we should be OK, but I don't see any online way to check if you're affected.

Surely Nissan could set up a VIN number search where you input it and it says if you need to go to a dealers to get a fix applied??

Hopefully you're right. :thumbs:

Im not sure where us JDM owners will fit in if there is a recall... NISSAN UK probably dont even have any record of us. :shrug:

Edited by marzman

Im not sure where us JDM owners will fit in if there is a recall... NISSAN UK probably dont even have any record of us. :shrug:

I would imagine that Nissan, etc would request a list of registered owners from The DVLA, which would include imports. Nissan U.K would only have a database of all the original owners and possibly those who've had their cars serviced at a main Nissan dealership.

Pete

I would imagine that Nissan, etc would request a list of registered owners from The DVLA, which would include imports. Nissan U.K would only have a database of all the original owners and possibly those who've had their cars serviced at a main Nissan dealership.

Pete

Can they do that with data protection laws etc?

Pete

Can they do that with data protection laws etc?

Yes if you pay enough money and have the right reasons to access the data. Not saying thats what they will be doing but I expect they could if they want.

I'd expect import owners may been to contact Nissan Internation HQ and ask them for help. I cant see NMGB being interested or having the data available, I believe the VINs for UK/JDM/US are all different.