Renewal price...

adam1942

Last year My insurance was pretty much bang on £1000 for the 350z. I'd been looking around recently as my insurance is due on the 5th of May and I was slowly getting depressed as the price online was showing around £1050-£1100 for the cheapest quotes.. So I'd been looking at selling the car..

Until this morning.. Admiral have came back with a renewal of... £711.. Which means I am keeping the 350z for another year at least woohoo :D

p.s. I know Admiral can be hard to claim off etc but at the end of the day I don't care as long as I can :drive1 legally!

Last year My insurance was pretty much bang on £1000 for the 350z. I'd been looking around recently as my insurance is due on the 5th of May and I was slowly getting depressed as the price online was showing around £1050-£1100 for the cheapest quotes.. So I'd been looking at selling the car..

Until this morning.. Admiral have came back with a renewal of... £711.. Which means I am keeping the 350z for another year at least woohoo :D

p.s. I know Admiral can be hard to claim off etc but at the end of the day I don't care as long as I can :drive1 legally!

I'm insured with admiral, I also was a few years ago when I rolled my M3. I didn't have any issues claiming back then. They are a good company imo.

J.

A lot of forum members are getting good results from Admiral ATM.

I'm insured with them too and I'm almost looking forward to see what my renewal quote is in a couple of months. Almost....

How are they with mods?

I put my intake and exhaust on and paid the admin fee (£20ish) last year to update the policy. Hasn't made my renewal go up this year do happy to stay with them as they're still cheap compared to others

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That price is including my mods declared,

lowered, pop charger, exhaust and wheels.

sky; you guys wont insure me as I'm in Northern Ireland. This is why our insurance tends to be dearer. A lot of companies wont touch us!

Edited by adam1942

You can declare your mods or pay a slightly higher fee to insure them. When you get your renewal make sure you try a NEW MEMBER quote...it WILL be cheaper...then call them, tell them about your mods and theyll match (Or in my case beat) the price quoted for the new member

How are they with mods?

Thye were hopeless when I tried to declare my mods. They seemed to stuggle with the plenum spacer mainly, I explained what it was but when they referred it to their underwirter they said they could no longer insure me. Eventually after much complaining I got them to add it on ot my policy for a hefty premium. That's why I'm now with Sky.

I think they are OK for mainstream stuff (wheels, exhausts etc) but anything slightly out of the ordinary seems to bamboozle them. I would add that it doesn;t help that their customer services team are based in India.

I've always got Engish or American call centers with Admiral. £9 is cost me for the wheels and exhaust :lol:

As for the spacer, just declare is as an upgraded intake, as that is in effect, what it is.

Mine is up 20th May so I did a run through the comparison sites for a rough idea and got AXA in at 396 and Admiral at 415. That is for a 32 yr old plus wife. 11yr protected ncb, 7k per year. Currently with Elephant and that cost me 584 last year.

Will be contacting Sky though as I get closer to see what they can do

• Like 1

sky; you guys wont insure me as I'm in Northern Ireland. This is why our insurance tends to be dearer. A lot of companies wont touch us!

Hi Adam, thanks for the clarification.

I find it incredibly frustrating that we only cover the UK Mainland. I'm a frequent visitor (family in Bangor) and see the volume of modified and imports buzzing around, there is a strong market for sure.

Kind regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

No problem mate I appreciate you trying to get the club members a decent discount. I seen you on Clio197.net Also possibly Cliosport.net as well otherwise I wouldn't have known you didn't cover NI :)

I do tend to get around Adam :wacko:

If anything changes with regards to offering cover on Northern Ireland, we'll be sure to let every know.

A friend of mine claimed off admiral, no problems