Renewal price...

adam1942

I was with admiral for last year.

Last years price was £450 for the year then when my renewal price came through it was £800, that was my not declaring my spoiler i just put on etc as it was running out.

When i phoned them, they couldnt give me an answer how i have a years NCB and its almost twice the price.

Best bit was when she said " i take it you dont want to renew"!!!

So i ended up going with elephant (same company) and declaring my mods and happy when it was £463!!!

Seriously what a rip off, i'm assuming they just hope people dont pay attention and renew.

I was with admiral for last year.

Last years price was £450 for the year then when my renewal price came through it was £800, that was my not declaring my spoiler i just put on etc as it was running out.

When i phoned them, they couldnt give me an answer how i have a years NCB and its almost twice the price.

Best bit was when she said " i take it you dont want to renew"!!!

So i ended up going with elephant (same company) and declaring my mods and happy when it was £463!!!

Seriously what a rip off, i'm assuming they just hope people dont pay attention and renew.

Almost all insurance companies do this man, they are a joke

I tried declaring my intercooler on my old Corolla Compressor and Admiral said they wouldn't insure me because of the power increase. Even after explaining my car was already supercharged and I was only trying to lower air intake temps they still refused to insure me. So I sold up and got a Zed. £600 per annum not bad :D

I tried declaring my intercooler on my old Corolla Compressor and Admiral said they wouldn't insure me because of the power increase. Even after explaining my car was already supercharged and I was only trying to lower air intake temps they still refused to insure me. So I sold up and got a Zed. £600 per annum not bad :D

Didn't occur to you to try another insurer then? ;)

:lol:

Didn't occur to you to try another insurer then? ;)

:lol:

I did indeed, and they were quoting four figures and unless I was 18 again I would never pay that much on insurance. :)

just got mine down to £351 from last years £900, well chuffed.

Who's that with? One hell of a drop that,I'm currently paying 4 obscenely priced payments to reach the end of my policy with Sky. £104 a month! I was even paying £68 something for a stAndard 2.0 Hyundai coupe siii with them up to the zed

just got mine down to £351 from last years £900, well chuffed.

Who's that with? One hell of a drop that,I'm currently paying 4 obscenely priced payments to reach the end of my policy with Sky. £104 a month! I was even paying £68 something for a stAndard 2.0 Hyundai coupe siii with them up to the zed

I'm still using Swinton as a broker but played them off against quotes I got online via the compare sites, so they ended up matching my best compare quote of £351 from Esure, thats with full NCB and excess of 250, off road overnight blah blah, also helped that I was doing my other halfs Mini at the same time, which came down as well to £216.00.