Will they be ok?

kiingsi

I am going on track at japfest and am just wondering if I will nedd to swap my brakes. I just have standard brakes (brembos) on and I like how progresive they are for road use.

The only thing I am fussed about is brake fade they, stop good enough for me.

I have had fade in them before but it was after over an hour of country road driving :drive1

The braking is going to be alot harder on track but is only going to be 15 minutes ish long so will they last, has anybody been on track with standard brembos?

I wouldn't bother upgrading my brakes just for 15mins at Japfest :lol: Better off investing in new mirrors, keep an eye out for all the numpties that will be on track with you!

I've tracked on stock brakes, they're fine. If the pedal starts to go long, just back off your braking a tad.

Better off investing in new mirrors, keep an eye out for all the numpties that will be on track with you!

I've tracked on stock brakes, they're fine. If the pedal starts to go long, just back off your braking a tad.

This on both points!

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother upgrading my brakes just for 15mins at Japfest :lol: Better off investing in new mirrors, keep an eye out for all the numpties that will be on track with you!

It's OK he will here me coming so won't need to get better mirrors :p

@OP Don't worry for just Japfest I was out last time with standard brakes and pads that needed changing before the session - no problems in the short time we were out.

Think Buster managed to get a set hot at Japfest but you know Buster he was ........ Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

It's OK he will here me coming so won't need to get better mirrors :p

@OP Don't worry for just Japfest I was out last time with standard brakes and pads that needed changing before the session - no problems in the short time we were out.

Think Buster managed to get a set hot at Japfest but you know Buster he was ........ Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should :)

The buster's a gearhead....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted this now anyway, took the car for a service and turns out I needed new brakes anyway so I upgraded.

Got some EBC blade sport high carbon discs with ferodo ds2500 from CS and are fantastic looking forward to using them to there potential.

2013-04-21112830_zpsd35e3fd6.jpg

• Like 1

A bit off topic, but what wheel nuts are those?

They are shadow wheel nuts, never heard of them and cannot find them on the internet. Also will be changing them shortly

I got them from a place called Scooby clinic near me, a place known internationally for tuning and racing they said they use them on there race cars so I thought I would try them.

But I am not a fan, the coating came of the first time I used them and a couple of the threads have worn off (obviously not on the car now)

The black ones are locking wheel nuts from CS

For wheel nuts check out this thread.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69859-wheel-nuts/

A bit off topic, but what wheel nuts are those?

They are shadow wheel nuts, never heard of them and cannot find them on the internet. Also will be changing them shortly

I got them from a place called Scooby clinic near me, a place known internationally for tuning and racing they said they use them on there race cars so I thought I would try them.

But I am not a fan, the coating came of the first time I used them and a couple of the threads have worn off (obviously not on the car now)

The black ones are locking wheel nuts from CS

For wheel nuts check out this thread.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69859-wheel-nuts/

I'm probably wrong about being made of aluminium then, I wouldn't imagine scooby clinic would sell aluminium ones. They have a pretty good reputation