am i mad

nap

well i dont own a yet,but hope it wont be for long,but am i mad ?never even driven one.i can remember when they first came out and was in a nissan show room,i had called in to pick up a part for my 300zx.the sales man walked over and had a chat,did i want to take one for a test drive ? yes was my first thought,but i looked at the car and thought better of it as i new if i drove one i would want one,and at the time they first came out i just could not afford one.

i have spent the last 20 years driving a turbo car,what will i think of the 350,how does it drive,will there be enough power,how do they handle.

these are just a few of my thoughts.i am from Hereford and the nissan garage has long gone,so no chance of a test drive,so i am looking around to fiend one local to try and get a test drive in.

so i hope to fiend one soon to test,but my car is up for sale so there is no holding me back.

hmmmm...it might suprise you...it might suprise you in a nice way....or in a bad way...it depends on what your expectations are.

best way to know is to drive it yourself; then tell us what you think.

Zed is very linear in its power delivery; its not that its slow becuase it isn't its just very deceptive of how it gets there.

definitely give it a go before you buy. I came from a 300ZX TT as well, and i'll be honest, i missed the drama when the turbos spool up and the shove they provide is epic. However dyno runs have shown that my 300zx had a very lumpy torque curve, peaked at 280lbft, but dropped down to just 180lbft at the redline, so while the midrange was brutal, the top end was lacking as the turbos run out of puff.

In the 350z its a different story - yes its very linear and progressive, a lot more so than a 300zx, but needs to be revved harder to get the best out of it in my opinion. However the gentle swell of torque grows on you, it just pulls and pulls and pulls all the way to the redline, which if you get there you are going very fast indeed!

Having come from a Subaru Impreza STI, i can put my input into this.

Once you get out on the open roads or motorway above 50mph then you will not care for the turbo as i found out the other day on way to Bristol with a convoy :) The power delivery at these speeds is epic and something the scooby could definately not match. The power low end acclerating is not as furious as a turbo, it feels alot smoother, but definately still shifts :)

Its not that its slow becuase it isn't its just very deceptive of how it gets there.

Just about a perfect statement of how the zed delivers power. You can be driving fairly easy and be accidentally over 100 without really realising due to no turbos or much noise from anywhere on a standard set-up. Caught me out quite a few times in the first few weeks of having the car.

Always take a test drive though (an extended drive if possible with a club member, that's what I did) to make sure you like the power delivery, the seating position and the handling as if there's 1 thing you don't like it could ruin the whole car for you and nobody wants that :)

It's a 300bhp sports coupe. It has plenty enough power.

Couldn't have said it better. lol And yes as said when into mid range speeds, the thing PULLS...but as with all these threads, drive one lol.

I was never a massive fan of the 350's because of not having a turbo never thought much of them, then i watched a few videos on youtube and fell in love with the sound I bought the first one I looked at and have never looked back. I also am used to turbos cars and the 350 with a few mods is a bloody quick car mines only about 300 bhp but it keeps up with a mates RB25 200sx which is 400 bhp. As for handling I found the standard suspension very bouncy but with wheels and coilovers I can't fault it its awsome handling now. As someone else said you do have to rag it to get the best out of it abit like a big type r.

I was never a massive fan of the 350's because of not having a turbo never thought much of them, then i watched a few videos on youtube and fell in love with the sound I bought the first one I looked at and have never looked back. I also am used to turbos cars and the 350 with a few mods is a bloody quick car mines only about 300 bhp but it keeps up with a mates RB25 200sx which is 400 bhp. As for handling I found the standard suspension very bouncy but with wheels and coilovers I can't fault it its awsome handling now. As someone else said you do have to rag it to get the best out of it abit like a big type r.

When you say keep up you mean?