Injured member Rescued

Keyser

At the ZedShed :lol:

After posting up on the forum about a problem with a stubborn nut,

http://www.350z-uk.c...renewing-belts/

I offered assistance and as we are only about 5 miles apart Matt popped over today :thumbs:

It turns out the bang to the hand was a bit more than a bruise - He has a hairline fracture of his right hand Metacarpal :scare:

Anyway he arrived with customary greeting to the Zedshed

KODC0533_zpsa44f08a4.jpg

The offending nut

KODC0526_zps9e78ffeb.jpg

A 600mm breaker bar and a 6 sided socket made short work of the problem

KODC0527_zpsd59e4b2f.jpg

You certainly mangled that one mate

KODC0528_zpsa2e0c94b.jpg

Due to his injuries Mrs Keyser took pity on him and changed his belts for him :p:lol:

KODC0529_zps1a2f99e4.jpg

KODC0530_zpsafb97db2.jpg

ZmanAlex had supplied new nuts with the belt servicing set so they were soon put in place

KODC0531_zps15a63b7f.jpg

The man himself supporting bandaged hand and the belt that caused him so much pain!!

KODC0532_zps8b87012a.jpg

Nice to meet you today Matt - drop in anytime we will be eating them doughnuts for the next few days (Buster didn't make it round today otherwise there would be none left :lol: )

• Like 5

MASSIVE, MASSIVE thanks to Mr and Mrs Keyser for helping me out in my time of need. Asside from getting my Zed fixed it Was great to meet you both and have a good chat. What a great forum this is to have such nice people on here :hug:

Lesson learnt and message to others "purchase some hexagonal 6-point sockets" if I had used these rather than the multi-points I probably wouldn't have rounded off the nut so quickly and maybe the ratchet wouldn't have slipped and I wouldn't have fractured my hand :cry:

Thanks again

Matt

MASSIVE, MASSIVE thanks to Mr and Mrs Keyser for helping me out in my time of need. Asside from getting my Zed fixed it Was great to meet you both and have a good chat. What a great forum this is to have such nice people on here :hug:

Lesson learnt and message to others "purchase some hexagonal 6-point sockets" if I had used these rather than the multi-points I probably wouldn't have rounded off the nut so quickly and maybe the ratchet wouldn't have slipped and I wouldn't have fractured my hand :cry:

Thanks again

Matt

Was just going to say that always use 6 point sockets.

Awesome work as usual.

Save some of those doughnuts for Saturday Chris.

What's happening on Saturday? :ninja:

O Nothing to worry about mate few of us have something planned - sorry you didn't get an invite :p:lol: