Upstaged by a neighbour!

Sarnie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it Im selling my car, any offers? :teeth:

25p & a packet of wine gums ? ;)

You cheeky git at least include a packet of wotsit. ;)

apart from what some mad man offered me, buying for his 21 year old how much could I sell mine for with all the extras 21,000 mile 2005?

Its hotlinking that causes the problem.

When you link to the image directly, their server detects it and sends another image.

When browsing their folder on their server this doesnt happen.

And because the browser cache on my pc already had the relation "url - image" he didnt pass through their server when the hotlinked image was requested.

Hope that makes sense :headhurt:

looks like you've been caught out by some nerds ir_fuel.

Please everyone just be careful :)

I'm a big fan of the Aston and in some ways it looks even more beautiful than the DB9. Have driven one on the track (back to back with a new XK8 4.2, Carrera & Turbo, 550 and a Gallardo) and if I had to pick just one for every day it would be the Aston. Glorious sound, plus makes me feel like James Bond!!

My mate is also a member of P1 International and has had some proper sick stuff out, had a full day in the Aston with him (unfortunately no driving for me :thumbdown: ) and I still loved it. Beaten well & truly by the F430 though on all counts, but there again I'm very biased towards the red Italians :cloud9:

I hate my neighbours. I have to drive past Keiron's Arnage T and Bentley Continental Mulliner ( owns a chain of carpet shops ), then Lee's Gallardo and Landcruiser ( 30 years old, owns a company called Law Line doing the no win no fee claims ), then Steve's 911 Turbo and M5 ( not certain what he does exactly, but suspect he is a drug dealer ! ) before I get to my house.

Keiron pays over £6,000 a month for his cars and paid £60,000 deposit !

I never understood if he had £60k for a deposit, why didnt he just buy a car for £60k ?

I console myself with the knowledge that the bank doesn't own my cars, but still it's very tempting to sign on the dotted line when you see these motors every day.

P.S. The Gallardo spends more time on the back of a transporter than it does on the road.

My neighbour has just bought a nolfolk yellow Exige. Another one has a boxster, 996 ducatti and a k6 GSXR 1000. His wife drives a crappy old micra!

That is it but then I don't live in too posh a street.

I have a really nice neighbour who's father is a self made mega loaded businessman - and I mean loaded! And good luck to him too. His is seriously into cars. I heard this come up our drive and thought what the hell is that?!! Looked out window and it was this

Ferrari.jpg

I resisted the temptation to go out and look as I didn't want to look like a prat. That was just ONE of his collection. His daily drive is an M5, and he also has another Ferrari (don't know the difference myself) and an Aston.

He came up a few weeks later in the AM while I was washing my car. I couldn't resist so I went over and asked if he minded if I had a look. I thought he'd be real down to earth and enjoy showing me it but no. He said something like "I was going to bring my other car but it needs washing" Just waiting for me to ask what his other car was (but I already knew). Then he left me stood there and I looked a right pillock! Never again!

I have a really nice neighbour who's father is a self made mega loaded businessman - and I mean loaded! And good luck to him too. His is seriously into cars. I heard this come up our drive and thought what the hell is that?!! Looked out window and it was this

Ferrari.jpg

I resisted the temptation to go out and look as I didn't want to look like a prat. That was just ONE of his collection. His daily drive is an M5, and he also has another Ferrari (don't know the difference myself) and an Aston.

He came up a few weeks later in the AM while I was washing my car. I couldn't resist so I went over and asked if he minded if I had a look. I thought he'd be real down to earth and enjoy showing me it but no. He said something like "I was going to bring my other car but it needs washing" Just waiting for me to ask what his other car was (but I already knew). Then he left me stood there and I looked a right pillock! Never again!

He sounds like a bit of a wally. No worries, you get your Z in 1 month n 2 days then he will come over to you and you can show him what manners really is :thumbs:

Our neigbours have fairly standard cars, Golfs, Audis, Vauxhalls, BMW 3 series - typical new estate type motors.

One chap opposite who has now moved away used to be visited by daddy in one of these:

mtm-bentley-continental-gt.jpg

Other than that there is noting really that noteable on our street.

Of course my immediate next door neighbours beat you all hands down. I live on what used to be a farm which is now a complex of 4 barn conversions. Two of these are still owned by the guy that did them up originally and he owns a big granite factory. He used to rent these two houses out but now he's filled the one next to me with 9 latvian migrant workers/hoodies who have two old audi coupe's and an old porsche 944 - chaved up to the max which wake me up regularly being revved and boy raced up the shared drive. Not to mention the rave music in the garden while they stand around swigging cans of lager. Now THAT's class! :thumbdown:

You're right the world's gone mad .. these people are next in the chain to us wanting to buy our place

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi ... DI/19657/1

this is on a main road and look at the size of the rooms :scare:

Property prices around the country are amazing aren't they. In Blackburn that house would be £100,000 absolute tops and £400,000 would get you a large 5 bed detached or a farm house with land etc etc.

I dunno how young people just starting out are supposed to buy houses these days, earning say £15k and really crappy terraced houses costing nearly £100k ! My first house was a 3 bed semi and I paid £30k for it and I was earning about £15k at the time. I paid about half of it cash and my mortgage was next to nothing. Those houses are selling for over £130k now so how is someone on £15k supposed to afford that !

You're right the world's gone mad .. these people are next in the chain to us wanting to buy our place

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi ... DI/19657/1

this is on a main road and look at the size of the rooms :scare:

Property prices around the country are amazing aren't they. In Blackburn that house would be £100,000 absolute tops and £400,000 would get you a large 5 bed detached or a farm house with land etc etc.

I dunno how young people just starting out are supposed to buy houses these days, earning say £15k and really crappy terraced houses costing nearly £100k ! My first house was a 3 bed semi and I paid £30k for it and I was earning about £15k at the time. I paid about half of it cash and my mortgage was next to nothing. Those houses are selling for over £130k now so how is someone on £15k supposed to afford that !

Its near impossible for young people to get a house at the moment. Myself & all my friends still live at home. I am looking for a house at the moment but im not in a hurry to be spending money on a house when I could be spending it on the Z :teeth:

When I do eventually find a house to buy Ill probably rent it out & continue living at home for free

Guest prescience

Two of the people who have viewed ours are first time buyers - young people being financed by the bank of Mum and Dad. So I guess parents having paid off their mortgages when their kids were growing up (on a smaller mortgage in the first place) are now having to borrow more money to get their children on the ladder. Inheritance is another possible route. It's all to c*ck and much, much worse in London :thumbdown:

However, pensions are likely to be worth nothing in years to come IMO, so getting a property is perhaps the only viable solution to ensure long-term security or move to a more enlightened country - like France or Italy

Dorian you are so right it being bad in London.

I was looking at a 2 bed house yesterday in Elstree, opposite the station and it is going for £250k. My girlfriends mum has the exact same type of house, new build by Bryant in Coventry and they bought it for £130k!!!!

Its just not fair, especially since i am trying to find a place of my own right now

Yup, I'm feeling the house price thing atm too. My and my lady are looking to move into a 2 bed place, but around here they are £200k minimum for something I can park the Zed out the front of withiout it being bricked the next morning. We're looking to have to take a 5% buy in from each of our parents to allow us to get something we actually want rather than just something we can get.

I also have a mate in Sheffield and on her street last time I was up there, a shell of a house was going for £40k for a 3 bed. Obviously it needed about £80k worth of work I guess but still a damn sight cheaper than down here! :headhurt:

Move up North, my friends. :D The property's cheaper, the beer's better and you'll be nearer those lovely North Wales roads. :thumbs:

Back OT there's nothing exciting in my street but we do get visited every so often by a Maser Gran Sport. I have to say it has probably the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard....... :wub:

Move up North, my friends. :D The property's cheaper, the beer's better and you'll be nearer those lovely North Wales roads. :thumbs:

Dont tempt me! ;)

Nor me. I was tempted to look around Rugby/Coventry to be near the lady and get the train to work everyday, but with monthly train tickets being around £350, i think i will stay down here.