Upstaged by a neighbour!

Sarnie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise how big the gap was in performance and spec on these two.

Which being which??

One has:-

4.3 V8

380 bhp

302 lb ft

175 mph

0-62 5.0 sec

Another has:-

4.3 V8

483 bhp

343 lb ft

196+ mph

0-62 4.0 sec

The torque of the Am is poor too. My Bimmer has 360 lb ft and has 0-62 mph time of 5.2 secs. And I have a back seat. As I said not a proper Aston.

As for the idiots on TG, would you expect them to be able to handle the iDrive. Personally I play with mine without looking.....ooh er.... :scare:

Seeing the figures and the price I have to agree on the Aston! Disappointing.

As for the iDrive, you have to admit it doesn't have many fans! No need for so much of it.

What ir_fuel do?!

removed by moderator

@ ir fuel - next time you post sh@t like that you are out.... :ban:

eh wtf?

I just posted some pics of some cars my neigbours drive :wacko:

Do you care to explain yourself on this one? :rant:

Dude there was an extra picture there that belongs on a different site, check your pics you store in photobucket :wacko:

here is the posting again

this time without the img tags, so you can see:

Damn, where the hell do you guys live?! The cars my neighbours have are Z4's and Boxster S's! Need to get me a new area to live in. Either of you have a room to rent :teeth:

LOL

my neighbours drive in cars like these (not the actual cars, just similar ones :) ):

http://www.americandreamcars.com/1989volvo440.jpg

http://goepsie.web-log.nl/goepsie/image ... orsa_1.jpg

http://jan.moesen.nu/bietekwieten/!sort ... tq-467.jpg

http://www.trader.pl/images/pl/big_imag ... gila_1.jpg

And you think you need a new area to live in? :teeth:

:angry:

There is from everyone elses PC.

As you say, browser cache is probably causing it to show correctly on your screen. It is the image that has "!sort-by-number" within the title that is causing the issue, just remove that one.

Everyone can read about why the image appered here on wikipedia. The owner of the domain that hosts the car pictures replaces the image with the famous one from goatse.cx shock site whenever an image is hotlinked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

(this information contains decriptions of images used in the "shock" site, but contains no pictures - links to sites contained in the wiki information may contain similar material - so proceed past the wiki site at your own risk)

Back to topic now.. :thumbs:

of course the ever efficient TheMinel had posted the goatse wiki link well before me, but I chose to repost the info :lol:

Ah the goatse guy, world famous on the internet ;)

ok, 2nd attempt

Damn, where the hell do you guys live?! The cars my neighbours have are Z4's and Boxster S's! Need to get me a new area to live in. Either of you have a room to rent :teeth:

LOL

my neighbours drive in cars like these (not the actual cars, just similar ones :) ):

1989volvo440.jpg

opel_corsa_1.jpg

opel_agila_1.jpg

Guest prescience

To be fair to ir_fuel, there is no issue (obvious) on my PC, the 'sort' link returns a directory with a number of filenames containing images; I checked two at random and no problems?

Its hotlinking that causes the problem.

When you link to the image directly, their server detects it and sends another image.

When browsing their folder on their server this doesnt happen.

And because the browser cache on my pc already had the relation "url - image" he didnt pass through their server when the hotlinked image was requested.

Hope that makes sense :headhurt:

If you go to the directory level above the "!sort-by-number" the site owner actually states that hotlinked images will be treated to the goatse treatment.

Once you have viewed the images they stay in your browser cache, so you will not know that when you post them up everyone else is viewing something very different. Anyone who has not previously viewed the images on that site will recieve the shock image unless they view directly on that site and not through a linked image to another site.

Anyway...

When do you get a go in the Aston then Liam?

LOL

1989volvo440.jpg

opel_corsa_1.jpg

opel_agila_1.jpg

It could be worst: