Reeco's Shakotan Z

Reeco

There was supposed to be at least one extra, but I decided to call it a day on getting mine ready at 1am so it didn't make it. The Mrs' standard Kia Picanto did look amazing on the club stand though :lol:

Plans sound good, but stay awaaay from the boso though!

There was supposed to be at least one extra, but I decided to call it a day on getting mine ready at 1am so it didn't make it. The Mrs' standard Kia Picanto did look amazing on the club stand though :lol:

Plans sound good, but stay awaaay from the boso though!

Ahh gutter would have been cool to see yours in the metal! Haha to be fair looking at the standard of some of the cars there i bet the Kia was a firm contender for an award ;)

Haha ill try but I can't promise anything

• Like 1

Front spacers are on! (had to take the passenger side wheel off twice because i realized i forgot to put my spigot ring back, after i put all my tools away Dumbass!) To be completely fair you cant see much of a difference in pictures but i have way more poke up front now. Fully Washed and waxed the car properly over this past weekend so thought I'd take a few pics at a diss-used pub before winter sets in and my cars dirty 24/7.

IMG_3504-Copy_zpsde1334ef.jpg

Rear4_zpseeda3c5c.jpg

Front5_zps5cc1294f.jpg

I'm emailing a company about the lip i want tonight, Hopefully i'll find the motivation to roll the arches again next week and wind the coileys down a bit more. and there are a few niggly little bits i want to sort out, driver side seat position switch doesn't work and neither does the bass speaker behind the seat!

Love how low this is!! What splitter you looking at?

Cheers! I'm looking at getting an INGS+1 lip at the moment, I get inspiration from US stuff mainly and this is the car I'm currently fan girling over! But OTT for some people's taste but I love it!

ry4azu2a.jpg

Nope same plastic as the ones you have. Zmanalex is your best bet, but I think he sold his last set a couple of days ago, but without a doubt he'll get more. I have a drivers side going spare if you can find the other one :thumbs:

Nope same plastic as the ones you have. Zmanalex is your best bet, but I think he sold his last set a couple of days ago, but without a doubt he'll get more. I have a drivers side going spare if you can find the other one :thumbs:

Oh right are they the facelift ones then? i think his are actually custom glas ones though which would be crazy money. Sweet cheers mate, as soon as i have my lip paid for and sorted ill be looking for some, its the girlfriends birthday at the end of this month and my tax is due to sim a bit tight for £ right now.

Well i think me and you would get on well love the Roti's there Sullivans old wheels aint they? And gotta love the DTA/Rouge Status Strut wrap, think im going to drop back down to 18s next year

Thanks man, yeah they're phils old wheels, thats how i ended up with static clique, hes a top guy, he needs to get a build thread up on here his is looking insane now! i just read the slammed media shoot of your car, looks dope! the rotas really suit it, you were at trax right? and your lip is really similar to the one i desperately want!

Edited by Reeco

Oh right are they the facelift ones then? i think his are actually custom glas ones though which would be crazy money. Sweet cheers mate, as soon as i have my lip paid for and sorted ill be looking for some, its the girlfriends birthday at the end of this month and my tax is due to sim a bit tight for £ right now.

Well i think me and you would get on well love the Roti's there Sullivans old wheels aint they? And gotta love the DTA/Rouge Status Strut wrap, think im going to drop back down to 18s next year

Thanks man, yeah they're phils old wheels, thats how i ended up with static clique, hes a top guy, he needs to get a build thread up on here his is looking insane now! i just read the slammed media shoot of your car, looks dope! the rotas really suit it, you were at trax right? and your lip is really similar to the one i desperately want!

I'm on mobile so can see the picture ow fully well, have you a link to some of that car? He may have customer the insides with an STi lens which is clearer than the Zeds and maybe threw a few LEDs or painted.

Im on the computer now and just got in the best I could to the picture, they look 100% standard to me :thumbs:

so they're just standard 06+ ones? :)

INGS+1 lip has been ordered from AVB sports.... cant wait for it to turn up! cost nearly gave me a heart attack though.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Update; My INGS+1 lip turned up, i can't get over how bendy PU is, to anybody who's never seen or dealt with Polyurethane before it's effectively what i would have called rubber before knowing what it is :lol:

Anyway turns out its made for a facelift bumper, and my only option if i want to run this lip is to man up and buy one, and i found out i will also need to change arch liners! :rant: (thanks chris "thetranquilbass" )

Although it's not all bad as my front end does need a complete respray, it currently has a "starry night effect" thanks to stone chips, and i fully intended on smoothing the badge and taking the plate off the front before the end of winter anyway. It's just another unexpected cost! It has got my thinking about going for a full facelift though, the bonnet bulge has really grown on me.

I also bought a 380rs pedal from Darren-B which i fitted at the weekend. :)

Excuse the crappy quality photos.

Normalpedal_zpsce9238cf.jpg

380RSpedal_zps93ec9641.jpg

Feels a lot better to drive with and it is really easy to heel and toe! looks ace too.

Still got a million and one things to do though, so i'll keep this up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
Great read, and looks fantastic. I would love to go this direction with my car but I just love driving it to much.

Thanks alot man, glad you enjoyed reading it! Yeah I always thought the "low is a lifestyle" phrase was some douche bag scene kid saying but I genuinely do have to change so many things in my life to use it as it is! Defiantly not ideal as a daily driver. I actually got beached on a speedbump at the weekend, the traffic behind me wasn't happy ha!

• Like 1

Yes mate i was at trax, yea lips a Greddy tracer Item shame its a bit battered and bruised after being ran off the road by some idiots in a audi and fiat try to hijack me but is all good atm, Must try and find out some more about static clique as every car ive seen represent at trax and JAE are epic

Reeco were you get the Rouge Status Wrap?

Edited by StevoD

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate i was at trax, yea lips a Greddy tracer Item shame its a bit battered and bruised after being ran off the road by some idiots in a audi and fiat try to hijack me but is all good atm, Must try and find out some more about static clique as every car ive seen represent at trax and JAE are epic

Reeco were you get the Rouge Status Wrap?

Still looks ace though mate! Yeah static clique are just a group of mates from Andover that all happen to have awesome cars! They're really welcoming and a top group of guys! The wrap was off an eBay seller from the US ill try find his name tomorrow if not I still have a sheet hanging about somewhere!

Thanks alot for all the positive feedback guys, I really do appreciate it!

Nothing new of recent, changed jobs so I'm now an apprentice sprayer which means I should be able to sort my stone chips myself soon, I'm actually really enjoying it!

My cars developed a seriously annoying noise from the front brakes which I need to sort soon, im still desperately searching for a reasonably priced face lift bumper to.

Follow my Instagram for regular photos : boostreeco

Other wise ill keep this updated with any changes.

• 2 weeks later...

he6ymu9y.jpg

As of last Saturday it's been raised for winter :(

It still sits okay now though and will be going straight back down in May, but its tried killing me 3 times already and the winter hasn't even set in properly, it was a case of raise it or lose it.

Also after getting bored of chasing the brake noise problem I gave it to the mechanic at work who I think has solved the problem, ill let you know what it was when its definitely fixed!

Edited by Reeco