Reeco's Shakotan Z

Reeco

Have you still for this car? I bought a z about 2 months ago now my first one doesn't look anything like this but has the Same decal on the rear brace :)

Really? That crazy, it's quite a hard wrap to get hold of, I'm kinda gutted another Z has the same.

Found out today I'm down to the canvas on my rear tyres, I'm really paranoid about this sort of thing and can't believe I didn't pick up on it, but running -4 degrees camber on a daily driver has obviously taken its toll, scarily they still look like they have loads of life on the outer edge! Ill take pictures when they're off!

Tnx buddy :) going to be taking mine off personally not a huge fan :) gloss black to go with the theme getting tints soon so u won't see it anyway :) hoping to get out and about to a few shows next year :)

Had a corsa c before quit heavily tuned :) enjoyed going to all the meets there was good fun good group of lads too

• 1 month later...

Again no major updates but the creaking noise has been fixed. The mechanic at work thought it was the pad retaining spring, but after changing that it wasn't, Turns out a stud in my front spacer was working itself loose. So now my car is back in proper "no stance" mode again. I'm not bothering with sorting it out until the weather starts to brighten up again.

Going to source a facelift bumper from work next week I think, while I have a bit of cash free.

• 4 months later...

Haven't updated this in forever and haven't done too much to the Z of recent! Burned through another set of tyres ( think they covered about 3k miles) ...wasn't even sliding on them, I think the toes out a ridiculous amount since I raised it! I've had the clutch changed for an exceedy one but my slave cylinder is lazy, so my bit point is still about 3mm off the floor :/

On some more positive notes, I attempted to mirror polish the rotiforms with some success but the up keep was crazy so they're currently getting recut, hopefully to be back on my car in time for japfest next week which is also when I plan to drop it again! Hoping to roll my arches more and go lower!

Other than that my tax rebate is due soon so I'm hoping that'll free up so money to finally get my bumper and change my exhaust. I'll post up pics of the rotiforms when I have them back, for now here's a pic of my car on my dad's stock wheels with no stance...:(

image_zps74e069a6.jpg

Edited by Reeco
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get back to you dude, I'm not on here too often anymore.

Car ended up with no stance for Japfest again, which was gutting. The wheel company didn't get them done in time, then phoned me the following Monday to say there was air pockets in the lacquer! So I only actually got them back yesterday!

They look awesome though, they've been cut way finer with a ton of lacquer so look really strange from certain angles!

Will get some pics up as soon as they're on the car next week all going well!

I'm at players classic on the airlift showcase (ironic with being static n'all) if anybody else is around.

Japfest no stance pic:

tutaqu2u.jpg

Edited by Reeco

• 2 weeks later...

After a total of 15ish hours messing around with coilovers and struggling with getting it up and down off and on planks and jacks, and a bit of road testing I have stance again! Just needs front spacers again now! Lower than last year but I'm still being restricted by my arches and POS Japspeed exhaust! asy3eva8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE im begging you get a import 13x7 or 12x6 front plate and ditch that 4x4 plate

Haha don't worry the plates going completely soon dude, was at players classic yesterday and picked up a Nismo V1 lip, test fitted it without the plate,seeing as my plate was literally hanging on by a thread of tape by time I got home for some reason (maybe even fates telling me to lose it?;)) and it looks a million times better so pics of that coming up soon!

Front spacers are fixed now so they'll be put on this week if I get time but for now here's my car at Players classic, I love this show, it's easily my favourite show of the year for the last two years and Goodwood circuit is an amazing place, and there's just an awesome vibe throughout the whole day!

Rubber Soul

2aza7e9u.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think you should fit any lips or skirts, it looks awesome as it is :D

Thanks :) I was unsure about getting one at first but it was mega cheap, so test fitted it and I really like it, just needs the plate deleted to compliment it! I won't be getting any skirts though.

I think I like them rims as much as mine.

Cheers dude! :D

I don't think you should fit any lips or skirts, it looks awesome as it is :D

Thanks :) I was unsure about getting one at first but it was mega cheap, so test fitted it and I really like it, just needs the plate deleted to compliment it! I won't be getting any skirts though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just spent a lot of yen on the most unnecessary part ever but it's cool and can't wait for the parcel to turn up...until then here's a picture of my wheel a3e7a3e5.jpg

Edited by Reeco

• 4 weeks later...

Parcel from J land turned up a week or two ago but only just fitted what was inside, just in time for the corolla brotherhood gathering last Saturday at Soul RC! It was an awesome day, loved the drive there and back convoying with two 86's ! Here's a few pics! 8yrana8y.jpgybusate9.jpgjynytu2a.jpga7uny3eh.jpguta2unyg.jpgnavy3upy.jpg

• Like 1

Car looks top notch man. Wheel nuts look sweet too .. Same sort of height I'm looking at running mine.

What have you got in the way of camber correction front and rear?

Tom.

Edited by Tomb