Reeco's Shakotan Z

Reeco

Sorry guys I thought I replied to everybody but apparently it just posted a "." Taps talk sucks so I'll have to do them all separate

looks cool man

how you getting on with the exhaust.. mine hits speedbumps still lol

Thanks mate, haha horrendous! It bottoms out a lot on what seems to be flat ground, it's an issue I really need to address and really should have a long time ago, but every time I come close to affording it spend my money on other random parts!

Edited by Reeco

:rant: SORT THAT FLIPPING PLATE OUT :lol:

Haha it's going soon I promise, I just need some spare time to get it into work and smooth the holes, I'm itching to get my lip on too, looks way better without the plate!

he8upuse.jpg

• Like 1

Car looks top notch man. Wheel nuts look sweet too .. Same sort of height I'm looking at running mine.

What have you got in the way of camber correction front and rear?

Tom.

Thanks man! I'm glad people like them, they certainly ended up costing me a damn sight more than I expected!

None haha! I'm running roughly -4 degrees at the rear and I'd say similar up front, and my rear toe is miles out, I'm going through tyres like they're made of chocolate!

FYI dude, you're on the status error instagram page today :) 161 likes :)

Cheers dude I saw, was well stoked to finally get noticed! Makes dragging my arse on a daily basis worth it! :D

Few more random media shots from last weekend

renequre.jpg

y9a3yqyv.jpg

Edited by Reeco

looks good with no plate!

Get a one of tarmacz flip out ones

I'm just going to be a dick and run without one dude, just shove one in the window with some haggard looking double sided tape on the back..."it just fell of a minute ago officer"

• 9 months later...

Had a great day at Japfest yesterday! Was good to see some forum cars in the metal and to bump into a few people! My wheels have provisionally sold so this will be getting all the much needed TLC I've been promising it for ages and then it'll get changed up, so here's what will probably be the last photo of it in its current setup! Photo credit to Ben Albourne Photography

e265199f691e899f432f1a72740c1e52.jpg

Edited by Reeco

• 1 month later...
Nice thread mate, car looks great with the coilover set up and the wheels really suit it. Great work all around. B) B)

Thanks dude!

The old wheels did look good I just really fancied a change, and when a pair of your dream wheels turn up you have to buy them ;)

• 2 years later...

God! haven’t updated this in ages and to be honest I still haven’t done a great deal to the car, I started to make progress but then bought a distraction of the two wheeled kind! 

So since the last update I’ve bought CST hyper Zeroes for the front, got the car back on the road and swapped the exhaust for a more ridiculous looking but tamer sounding system and damaged the car in a few places. 

Currently have some rough chrome CST’s for the rear to get through winter. I’m still trying to find time to paint the car. 

Anyway heres photos of it in various states over the last year or so. (Equips will be back on for summer) 

DA8101DC-7EFA-447F-AD82-584D2D01E4DE.jpeg

502E2C84-74FA-4C25-8862-C54612888A46.jpeg

2EBCCC1D-D8C0-48F5-B281-1AC104C13D00.jpeg

F0185D16-5B5F-48C1-8DC4-0AA43B8A574D.jpeg

Edited by Reeco

17 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

You are not wrong :lol:

Ask a silly question and get a silly answer, but WHY

It’s not a silly question, it’s probably the one I get asked most haha! 

I’ve always drawn inspiration from the “street legal” drift cars in Japan, a lot of those guys have these kinds of exhausts on S chassis etc. I like it but I know it’s a marmite thing. Makes the car sound unique too 

Forgot to mention I’ve had these the best part of two years now too! 

I’m under the impression I need;

An aftermarket ECU

Bigger injectors

Fuel pressure Reg

Uprated fuel pump 

and somebody capable of swapping out to a cable throttle? 

Other than that im lost, I’ve done some digging and can’t find much information on ITB set ups on street 350Zs.

I’m guessing because if you were paying for it RRP it would be more cost effective to go F/I and you’d have more power gains? 

I know for a fact the horns supplied with this kit don’t fit under the bonnet and obviously I’d need some kind of filters on them. 

Anyway any any help would be much appreciated! 

1F400163-8D3D-4AB7-ACC0-E9B1120668F8.jpeg

62337C04-7FEC-454C-A956-41862F0EA5AC.jpeg

1E18F30B-704F-4C56-95AF-D1B9081B034B.jpeg