Dashboard Blue/Red LED Conversion

flyboy

Thought I would have a go at this after seeing pics of SMD's dash.

Just ordered a white dial face from Blackcat custom gauges with a custom Z logo on the rev counter.... B)

Along with 30 blue leds and 30 red leds to go with the 50 white I already have :p

Got a spare speedo cluster and oil/volt etc gauges from a salvage yard in the post, as my Zed is the daily drive.

I will be also be looking for the eeprom on the PCB which holds the mileage reading and investigating how this is stored and changed.

This will allow me to complete an LED mod on the spare speedo and then with the mileage corrected swap it out with mine.

( I have a low mileage car anyway 54k on an 04 plate, so won't be tempted to lower it)

I know I could send this away to have the mileage corrected but if its held on a std eeprom then a reader and the software to read it and edit it via USB port on a laptop is about £10 from ebay.

I will find out when I take it apart. unless anyone out there knows how???

Pics and a build thread may follow but TBH there is a lot of info already out there already so you may just get the classic makeover before and after pics. :lol:

Might just have a bit of a surprise up my sleeve regarding needle colours and a dial colour change on shift change limit. :scare:

Edited by flyboy
  • Like 1

Cool :thumbs:

A new Husky.

Edit

Get your ass onto headlights fast!!

But make sure they're turned off! Can burn a bit if they have been on for a while. Just ask Wasso, he couldn't sit down for a week.

:lol:

Why not swap them out and do the mod on your actual speedo, then no need to sort anything out :shrug:

Coz if I can figure out the mileage change then I can offer an exchange system I send you a modified dash with your mileage on it you send me yours.... :thumbs:

Edited by flyboy