Dashboard Blue/Red LED Conversion

flyboy

yup lots of info out there.

Guagecraft are very helpful I have been speaking to Bob for a few weeks now, unfortunately he does not do UK models as our gauges have warning lights the yanks don't have.

I originally just wanted to buy some converted gauges off him, there then followed plenty of communication with him, which has now led to doing them myself.

I will be using some of his tricks but also have a few of my own up my sleeve. B)

Edited by flyboy

id like to eventually maybe give this a go too. The issue as you have already highlighted is the mileage question. Surely the mileage readings and such will be encrypted ortherwise its no more secure than the old systems used where a drill would suffice, every man and his dog has en eBay account and a laptop nowadays...

OMG :scare: :scare: :scare:

Took the spare set of speedo gauges apart today to find at some time in its past the donor car had had an engine problem and a dodgy owner.

There was a bit of black sticky tape on the back of the dial over the check engine light :surrender:

Hope I don't find the same on mine :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave,

The ford probe ones I got dont fit but they may be made to, by closing down the central hole.

I have filled the hole with super glue and will re drill out smaller.

Ill let you know how it goes.

I also have some from Bob at custom gauges which also need a bit of a mod to fit.

The only blue ones I know of come on the golf I pmd you about but again dont know if they will fit.