Forum issue

Is there something amiss with the forum this evening? Takes ages to load any page and often ends up on the sql error page. Any other website seems to load fine except for this one.

It's been a fairly regular occurrence of late. Couldn't tell you why, but a slow forum is better than none.

Sorry we've been archiving old threads to try and alleviate this kind of issue, but if its been busy then it may have been the cause or added to the load. I'll keep the archiving work to non peak times. I seemed to be going ok at 21:30 when last checked. Should speed things up once we're done.

• Like 1

I cannot use Emoticons and cannot go to the next line using the enter key..!!

Sorry, what? Care to tell us what browser and OS you are using? Might be a bit more helpful so we know what we're dealing with ;)

They were working OK up to about a few days ago.. using IE 10 and Windows 7 also now I get spell check which I didn't have before.

Spell check!!!!! Where can I find this Will?

Alex. :)

I didn't have it last week, it appeared when the emoticons disappeared, It now puts a red line under any word spelt wrong and when you mouse over the word it brings up the spell check. It may be an update on IE10. Chris may know..?

Must be an update to IE10. The forum doesn't natively have spell checking that I know of. Firefox and Chrome have had this for years, IE is finally catching up. Ditto the simleys disappearing, must be an IE10 issue as they work fine for me on FF and Chrome.

They were working OK up to about a few days ago.. using IE 10 and Windows 7 also now I get spell check which I didn't have before.

Spell check!!!!! Where can I find this Will?

Alex. :)

Alex ..Log in using Google Chrome. Its got spell check. :thumbs:

Must be an update to IE10. The forum doesn't natively have spell checking that I know of. Firefox and Chrome have had this for years, IE is finally catching up. Ditto the simleys disappearing, must be an IE10 issue as they work fine for me on FF and Chrome.

+1

Are you currently finding you hit periods when it takes an age for a page to load and then it is off with a gallop?

Latest message from Chris'I (Admin) :

I do have the archiver running every 3 mins, so if you hit it at the exact moment its doing that then it will hang until its finished then carry on as before. Small price to pay for now to get it done in a reasonable time. After the weekend it should be caught up and not be anywhere near as noticeable. Unfortunately I cant work out how to tell it to do it from a certain hour to another, else I'd just tell it to run say 2am-8am every day when the site is quiet.

Certainly found today it is b getting better so hopefully after the weekend all will be well..........we hope :lol:

Has being locking up on me all week. Return key not working recently. Ok today. I am running android and Chrome browsers. Same issues on both. Please see my previous thread on this :thumbs: