New JDM Fairlady owner Kettering Area

Hi,

Just picked up my Fairlady yesterday Been a Jap car owner for 25 years and just sold my Surpa Mk3 2.5 Twin Turbo Aero last week. Wanted something unusual and of similar power and more up to date.

Have to say so far really impressed with my new purchase. As she is stock and totally unmolested, I want to make a few improvements. Starting with stainless exhaust system.

Could do with recommendations which give a good sound. Seen several on e-bay?

Mark (JZA70)

Hello and :welcome: Mark.

There are few traders on here that will do you a good deal on a new exhaust. I'm sure others will tell you to avoid Japspeed as the quality is notoriously bad. Also most of the 'cheaper ones on eBay are basically copies of Japspeed.

You'll get what you pay for.

Edited by 14N

Welcome. Any pictures of the Supra?

You will get offered the usual Cobra, Milltek, Scorpion systems or there are some nice true dual exhausts that traders offer.

Otherwise for a bit more money you can get a nismo system, or the rarer systems like HKS, Mines, etc...

Loads to choose from, I have a Kakimoto system thats quite rare and sounds fantastic.

Just dont buy Japspeed.

Yes japspeed are crap and will cost more long term I've been through two sets of decat pipes they literally fell apart bang on 2500 miles and there customer service is non existent. I'd buy a miltec or hks if I didn't have my amuse system.

• 1 month later...

Went for the Top Gear system in the end. Very impressed with quality, UK built stainless twin system (HKS copy) sounds great. Hope to post some pics and sound file soon.

see filckr: MarkJZA70.