Who says you can't polish a cusTURD SOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Emperor Ming

Hi guys and Gals

RobQuads Prter Cable polisher turned up on Friday and i just had to have a play.

Its arrival coincided with the arrival of my lads Yellow Renault Clio - hence the CusTURD in the title.

The car came in a very sorry state.

DSCF0729.jpg

It had 5 years of dirt

DSCF0733.jpg

3 years of grime

4 years of Horsey crap

a million little dinks and one big dent

2 years of mum and toddler junk

and the results of two months stood in a stables

but

it did have 5 months of Tax

4 decent tyres

and

a peach of an engine

It assaulted my senses parked outside the Ming household as ALL our cars are polished clean and shiney

so

It got Ming'ed (Thats Ming'ed not minged before you all start LOL)

I have

Washed it on arrival

Hoovered it - on arrival

DSCF0745.jpg

Tarted it up and removed most of the big dent - on arrival

DSCF0743.jpg

Re washed it - FRIDAY

Clay barred - FRIDAY

DSCF0777.jpg

Washed it again - FRIDAY

DSCF0769.jpg

Sonus FX2'ed it - FRIDAY

Sonus FX1'ed it - FRIDAY

Hand finished it - FRIDAY

DSCF0787.jpg

DSCF0795.jpg

DSCF0796.jpg

The results speak for themselves I think, but I honestly do not think I could have done it, and certainly not in the time it took, without the polisher. What a bit of kit!!

Wait until I can get to work on a proper paintwork!!

Ming the impressed.

PS David now wants the engine doing!! LOL

You could almost earn a living buying cars like this, going at them with a Porter Cable and selling them again!

A friend of mine's Dad does this for a living. Some of the before and afters are amazing, fetching a much higher margin than a main dealership will get. He's currently going over a Pulsar, full engine rebuild. I went out in it when it had a slightly bent crank and it went like sh*t off a shovel! Dont dare think what it will do when hes finished.

Thats simply amazing - just looking at the first and last pic shows what can be acheived. You could almost earn a living buying cars like this, going at them with a Porter Cable and selling them again!

When you factor in the cost of purchase then this little car could be a good little earner if my lad did not want to keep it. (He would now it gleams like it does wouldn't he)

The car needs an MOT but as my other lad is a trained mechanic and gets all servicing replacement parts at trade prices and I service all my own cars the dreaded MOT is not realy feared in our house!

Similar cars on Autotrader, albeit without the bent door are going for £400+ . The door was knocked out roughly in the dark.

A few hours in daylight and I sure we could get a lot more of the rear part of the dent out. Not only that, it is the polish that has accentuated the dent.

Cost so far

Purchase £80

MOT Due £40

Bits for its test est £30

Total £150

That leaves approx £250 profit in the car and so far it owes me about 7 hours work! That makes my labour about £35 an hour :teeth:

Not a problem when you realise that I enjoy doing it!!

The PC is quite easy to use and easier than I thought it would be! Its also quick and effective

The only problem I had was using TOO MUCH polish!

A little bit goes a long was with the polisher and after the clay bar work it came up surprisingly easially.

Saying that. I have been polishing cars for quite a while now and its like anything else you sort of get a feel for it.

Its quite odd putting the polish on with the foam applicator as I am used to using cloths but they clean up easially afterwards.

I have a lot of autoglym products in the garage and I am going to try it with them as well as the sonus stuff that Rob put in for me to see what effect they have!

Ming the Content

My mate ANDY turned up on Sunday with his TT GTO and we set about it with gusto,

We started at 11 and with an hour off for lunch finished at 6.

The car is in good condition and was very clean when he turned up

BUT

we washed it

We clay barred every panel - almost three hours.

Washed it again

Then I attacked it with the porter cable.

Sonus 1 on the bad bits

polished off

sonus 2 all over

polished off

sonus 3 all over

polished off

buffing mop

wiped over with moleskin cloth

RESULTS

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

DSCF0828.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

This car is 13 years old and cost £2,800 :teeth:

(Andy has spent a small fortune updating the running gear and servicing the engine but the body work is standard and 89,000 miles.

This polisher is MINT!

Ming the VERY impressed

:scare::scare::scare::scare:

B!oody hell Ming thats amazing...... When will Ming pay my car a visit??? I imagine you like the tooth fairy, I wake up and theres a gleaming car outside, all for a tooth well worth it ;)

WE had intended to WAX it as well but ran out of time as Andy had to get off!!

Its sad but we both enjoyed ourselves :blush:

I am looking forward to doing a Zed now - mine would be good when its is bleedin repaired!

Ming the Sad

B!oody hell Ming thats amazing...... When will Ming pay my car a visit??? I imagine you like the tooth fairy, I wake up and theres a gleaming car outside, all for a tooth well worth it ;)

I am looking forward to doing a Zed now - mine would be good when its is bleedin repaired!

Ming the Sad

In that case, cos you are a mate and considering the kind chap that I am ill give you my Z to practice on for the day hows that sound? ;)

Ming the Sad

In that case, cos you are a mate and considering the kind chap that I am ill give you my Z to practice on for the day hows that sound? ;)

If London was not a foreign country we could sort it out but Air freight from Heathrow to Darkest Yorkshire would be a pain. :D

Ming the Puddled