dash cam

snoged

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty cool, I want to gedt something like this thst is transferable. I do about 40k a year over 4vehicles so I obviously see my fair share of stupid drivers, just last week for example, driving through C.London. Crossed a yellow box, as I entered there was enough room for me to stop without being in the box then some prick Audi driver decided to go up the bus lane & cut in front making me stop in the box. So will probably get a fine for that. a camera could have helped me contest this.

Thats pretty cool, I want to gedt something like this thst is transferable. I do about 40k a year over 4vehicles so I obviously see my fair share of stupid drivers, just last week for example, driving through C.London. Crossed a yellow box, as I entered there was enough room for me to stop without being in the box then some prick Audi driver decided to go up the bus lane & cut in front making me stop in the box. So will probably get a fine for that. a camera could have helped me contest this.

Same thing happened to me, be interesting to see if that would get you off, I assume it would but then surely the same cameras that show you in the box would show the Audi too.....

From inside...

IMAG0466_zps7c517dec.jpg

I meant it looks huge from OUTSIDE i.e. like leaving a satnav stuck to the screen just asking for someone to smash the window and grab it....

I take mine out when parked up

True but then that kind of defeats the object of motion sensing or running all the time.... I would want something that looks a little less like a camera then I could leave it hard wired in as like I said some scrote sees it and 10 seconds later window smashed and its gone :surrender:

Yeah I know, but atm I'm busy. Will do it tomorrow.

Here's some night time footage...

th_20130218_184643_N_zps785d285d.jpg

But, it's not that great looking. Can anyone suggest a better place to upload video to?

naughty ....i thought it was ilegal to have the live output of the camera visible to the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion [except parking cameras]....

I really want one that does all the stuff yours does Dip, but with rear facing cabin camera as well?

Then you want this...

http://www.incarcame..._Witness_HD.php

720p camera at the front, 640x480 camera at the back for an extra 59.99. Need to pay 39.99 for the WiFi add on and then 29.99 for the smart power add on (which let's your camera run when the engine is off but will cut off when the voltage drops). Comes to a grand total of 380!

I didn't go for it as its a new company. Blackvue cameras have been around for a while. Mine cost 279.99 inc the smart power add on and mine records at 1080p but one camera only.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

I really want one that does all the stuff yours does Dip, but with rear facing cabin camera as well?

Then you want this...

http://www.incarcame..._Witness_HD.php

720p camera at the front, 640x480 camera at the back for an extra 59.99. Need to pay 39.99 for the WiFi add on and then 29.99 for the smart power add on (which let's your camera run when the engine is off but will cut off when the voltage drops). Comes to a grand total of 380!

I didn't go for it as its a new company. Blackvue cameras have been around for a while. Mine cost 279.99 inc the smart power add on and mine records at 1080p but one camera only.

The Mi is short for MiMi the same company that makes the one I have now.

Its not 1080 like yours but 720 the same as mine.

Umm need to do a bit more checking.

You get what you pay for and it looks like the one my neighbour got.

It is very light and fragile with no rear camera.

You really do get what you pay for were vehicle cctv/camcorders are concerned.

There are proberbly about 10 over £150 on fleabay and 2000 under £50.

For those wanting to do a little bit of research I found this website http://dashcamtalk.com/ and associated forum http://forum.dashcam...64c33aa89e25d84 a good source of info.

I've just ordered an Itronics ITB100HD SP via a trusted seller on ebay. I'll create an install thread when I get it fitted. I've also bought a cheapo on to handle the rear filming duties so got a bit of wiring to sort out :wacko:

Edited by notfub