dash cam

snoged

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking at all these units, and although good, none of them have everything I want from being to big and obtrusive, to lack of recordable quality and suitability for multi purpose.....

So I am just setting up my own front and rear cams with 2 channel simultaneous recording and GPS route mapping. It also has a 3d g sensor which is adjustable for situation and will automatically keep all info recorded on a seperate file, which is good for if you get shunted. It can also be set up as a motion sensor with a range of upto 20metres within the viewing angle. I am hoping i can modify unit to accept a mobile dongle so that info can be automatically uploaded to Internet relaying the GPS mapping...( this would be good if car gets nicked for tracking it )

Since I am going on the track I don't want anything stuck in the cockpit that will not get past the stewards.

Putting in uprated 700tvl cameras instead of 400 with IR and night vision. These will be h.264 compatible with upto 50fps recording using class 10 95mb/s sd Card.

Will mount the cameras in front grille and rear number plate recess...

The Dvr module is small enough to be fitted in cubby hole or with a modification to the ashtray, this also has a view screen on it, with remote control. It does not have an internal battery to worry about over heating ...... I can choose to wire it up so it starts on start up, or through a timer or the remote

The cameras are suitable for -30 - +70 with ip67 rating and a 170 degree wide angle view....

The DVR module can be removed and transferred between vehicles if you want, you just need to fit cameras to the other vehicle...

Complete unit cost will be about £320 not including time put into fitting...,,

Hopefully update with vid files and pics when I get it up and running

Probably a bit over the top....but what the hell.......

ive just blown a load of fuses installing mine :lol: it works now, got rear camera for reversing and a front camera for... i dont know what really (both night vision), quite a pain finding somewhere to put them without them being to in your face or drilling through bodywork :scare: i dont know what hp or hd it is, i got a picture thats good enough for me :D

now how to record stuff on it :wacko: might need one of those DVR modules then