getting prepared

gringo

2nd person I seen using Gold Class shampoo recently (Its not great) Megs NXT and their new Lime shampoo is a far better agent, foams better and gives better results just fyi.

You won't go wrong with any megs stuff though.

Edited by Dave-350

Looks like a return and replace job then..........NXT for me!

Not at all, its all fun of trying them all out!

But the NXT stuff is really good for a shampoo, it makes good suds when added to a foam lance!

I remember when I first started out with all megs stuff, you will learn to find what the best products are.

The megs stuff I stick to today is the Window cleaner, that is great stuff!

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Tbh there's loads of stuff that's better than the Megs stuff you've bought, however it's all more expensive too. I started off with pretty much the exact same kit as you, and whilst I wouldn't buy that stuff again there's actually very little wrong with it if you use it properly. You'll find the paint cleaner and polish nigh-on useless by hand, but the wax smells lovely and the clay bar is still the stuff I'd buy if I couldn't find their pro kit. I quite like their GC shampoo, so it's very much an each to their own thing on that.

Either way, you'll have fun using it all and end up with a lovely shiny car at the end :)

I too started with mega stuff... And the only things I'd return are the three step polish system. If we are talking halfords, best polish there is Autoglym super resin and their HD wax.

BUT cheaper and better as a starter kit would be Primo amigo as a polish / filler followed by finishkare 1000p hi temp wax. These will cost you £20 total online, last ages and perform really really well....

I'd keep the polish.... but regarding the headlight restoration, I got some autoglym metal polish in a tube and it works wonders on headlights, I spent maybe a minute on each and they look new. Use it with a bit of wire wool and it'd do tailpipes and other metal stuff too :)

Definitely not! You'll do a great job with the stuff you have, but yeah, certainly recommend a metal polish!

Hint for next time too, get yourself on ebay and find a 30ml panel pot size Dodo Juice Supernatural wax. Easily enough for at least 5 coats, so maybe a years worth of waxing for me. Only £13 ish too. It goes on so easily and buffs off easier than any non-liquid wax I've ever used :)

• Like 1

I found it quite tricky to get a deep shine on my grey- although I didn't use a very abrasive polish and it was all by hand! It was pretty shiny to start with though so guess i did't reap the same rewards as starting on a filthy car. Good luck with it :)

Yeah guess so! Always said i'd never buy a silver car because you can never seem to achieve that deep paint gloss... but the GM 350z paint seems closer to having silver paint values than the gunmetal you find on BMWs etc.... you can get those GMs very very glossy!

I found it quite tricky to get a deep shine on my grey- although I didn't use a very abrasive polish and it was all by hand! It was pretty shiny to start with though so guess i did't reap the same rewards as starting on a filthy car. Good luck with it :)

Sealants tend to give better shine on colours like grey and silver than a wax will. I recommend having a look at the Werkstat Acrylic kit, it'll give a great shine and incredible flake pop and is easy to use even for a weekly wash, it won't give you the beading a good wax will though and doesn't give quite as rich a finish as a wax either.

• Like 1