Bum Clench...

AMT

Just went to a Shell garage, merrily utilising the lightness of the Zed with barely any petrol and a few overtakes and some V6 howl,...lovely. Get to the petrol station and ..completely out of VPower. :scare: I've never driven so slowly to another garage in my life...and thank the lord..there was Vpower!

Begs the old question though that did run in my mind... how do you know its super... you don't :shrug: And when you don't your not gonna bother staying below 5K revs...well ...some of the time lol.Bet at one point all of us have shoved in super and its not been, they'll be some dodgy garage somehere...lol Although I'm probably wrong...especially from a shell. I hope...

Ps Heres a random question... when a tanker comes in does it just have the one fuel or is the thing divided up inside to provide different ones?.. :blush:

I know the oil tankers that deliver gear oil etc to my work are divided up so I am guessing regular fuel ones are too, bit of a safety thing like the titanic I suppose too :lol:

I would rather put £5 of regular in and drive slow to another garage than run out, but so far I've only ever used super.

My mate many years ago used to drive a tanker..We used to queue up in the local pub car park

where he used to fill up our cars for cash...Top Man..!!! :thumbs:

So you're openly admitting to receiving stolen goods? Stealing is wrong. :thumbdown:

Calm down. srsly.

My mate many years ago used to drive a tanker..We used to queue up in the local pub car park

where he used to fill up our cars for cash...Top Man..!!! :thumbs:

So you're openly admitting to receiving stolen goods? Stealing is wrong. :thumbdown:

NO I DIDNT STEAL IT "TBBK" I PAID HIM FOR IT...!!! :snack: :snack:

• Like 1

Mr sensible lol I was speeding today.....oh no.... :lol: Jk... but I was speeding.... :ninja: The horror...

Anyway thats good to know :lol: , I just know a Shell garage thats obviously under local 'ownership' and always thought... something dodgy lol...but yet they don't put it in its the tanker guy so...meh. And I wouldn't have let myself run out...maybe...lol

Tankers are baffled, and no if it says super it will be super...unless you buy from dodgy guys on street corners with jerry cans. BP and shell are pretty reliable same with the supermarkets.

There's been a few incidents of people buying from independent shell garages, and their cars recording high level of det/knock. When shell were contacted they said they have no way of guaranteeing v power in a v power pump in one of their independent garages.

Stick to the ones with a shell shop to be sure, not the ones with a different brand of shop attached.

There was a massive uproar about it on the MLR

how do you know its super... you don't :shrug:

You can be pretty sure that it'll be what it says on the tin. All garages are checked unannounced by Her Majestys Inspectorate and frequently too. A sample of fuel will be taken and analysed at one of the government labs.

Pete

• Like 1

I like what I've started.... :lol:

Aye, and I've spent the last 2 days enquiring about another Zed at dealerships up and down the UK because of you!

When i break the bad news to my wife i'm blaming it on you and your bloody car, lol!

• Like 1

Just for info. The fuel is stored in separate underground tanks. Usually a big one for UL, the same for the oily muck, and then another tank for Super/V-power with a special compartment for future use / odd fuel trials that may come and go.

Given that its the delivery drivers job to get it right, I doubt he/she would be employed for long if they couldn't get the right fuel in the right tank on delivery.

Also, the pipes run uphill to the pumps, and there is no "pressure" in the system. The fuel pumps lift the fuel and if cut off, the fuel runs back down into the tanks. Therefore, if you drive your car into the pumps and smash them off, like in a movie, petrol will not spray everywhere while you walk away flicking a lit cigarette butt in slo-mo.

• Like 1