Strange wind noise issue.....

msisleman

Hi guys. I don't post on here very often, and admittedly am a bit of a lurker. Hope all is well.

I have a small issue that's been annoying me and I've just been putting it off. I have a reasonable level of wind noise coming from my drivers side window area. Quite tricky to work out exactly where, but certainly somewhere around the drivers side main side window. I have done lots of searches on here with no real luck in finding anything relevant.

I was about to buy a replacement door/window to car upper seal, but I thought I'd try something to see if this is the issue. I used duct tape and taped the whole upper window to car area where they meet, then climbed in through passenger side and drove the car. Exactly the same issue. Now I'm really stumped, I just can't work out where it's coming from, its fairly loud tbh. This tape test surely should discount the need for a new seal, and the need for resetting the window end point, and its angle (as I've found this is adjustable too).

Thoughts? Cheers.

Craig.

Funny you say that, I also have a wind noise which I can hear normally at 30mph, although I think mine is related to my side skirts, as there's a very small gap between the top of the skirt and corner of the door. My thoughts are that wind circulates at a certain speed, which I'm presuming is the cause.

B- Pillar cover not on properly?

This! After a bit of thought I reckon I think this is the only explanation. Not keen on the idea of trying to take this off, anyone any tips? Bet there are all sorts of breakable clips etc.....

my drivers side B-Pillar used to unclip at the top sometimes and make a noise at speed, just needed a good hard shove to clip it back in to place. . . . and if you take them off go careful and they can break.

Its probably not your A-Pillar as they are screwed in from under the rubbers . . . unless you have had a new windscreen recently.

B- Pillar cover not on properly?

This! After a bit of thought I reckon I think this is the only explanation. Not keen on the idea of trying to take this off, anyone any tips? Bet there are all sorts of breakable clips etc.....

my drivers side B-Pillar used to unclip at the top sometimes and make a noise at speed, just needed a good hard shove to clip it back in to place. . . . and if you take them off go careful and they can break.

Its probably not your A-Pillar as they are screwed in from under the rubbers . . . unless you have had a new windscreen recently.

Interesting, thanks. I'll have a good look at the B pillar cover.

• 1 month later...

I had an issue where my weather strip that runs alone to bottom of the window had not been placed properly and I had a tiny (1-1.5mm) gap between the end and the A pillar. Check that too. Its hard to spot if ur not looking!

I had an issue where my weather strip that runs alone to bottom of the window had not been placed properly and I had a tiny (1-1.5mm) gap between the end and the A pillar. Check that too. Its hard to spot if ur not looking!

+1 Mine is still gubbed need to get it fixed.

I think I have the same exact issue but only seems to occur when engine is cold. Once i have been driving for about 2-3 minutes it goes. It does sound like the window is not completely up but this is not the case. It is a strange one!

Funny you say that, I also have a wind noise which I can hear normally at 30mph, although I think mine is related to my side skirts, as there's a very small gap between the top of the skirt and corner of the door. My thoughts are that wind circulates at a certain speed, which I'm presuming is the cause.

Buy a better exhaust and scrap the cats, you won't hear any silly wind noise, trust me! :lol: