Put a deposit down on my first Zed today!

Turned out that it didn't fit on the trailer, too low! Not worth risking sill damage so I had to drive it the 50 miles home with barely legal tyres. Didn't want to push it round any corners just yet!

In a straight line the power is incredible, so smooth but as I noticed even in 4th coming out of a 30 limit, slight foot to the pedal still leaves tailgaters way behind! Not totally floored it yet, want total confidence in the tyres first, so some Michelin Super Sports are going on tomorrow morning. Sounds incredible when starting up from warm!

• Like 2

Also there's a few paint chips in the roof that have cracked like a spiders web, and one looks like there's a tiny amount of rust forming. Reckon it'd look good with a black roof?

I want the front bumper respraying to cover up a scrape on the lower passenger side, it also looks a slightly different colour than the rest of the car but noticed its only really visible on photographs? Or is it just my eyes?

So considering either respraying the roof to get rid of the rusty bit, then I know its gone.... either in GM or in gloss black. Or alternatively wrapping it in gloss black. A friend of my boyfriend does spraying for a living so we could probably get a cheaper deal than wrapping- but then its permanent!

I'd be interested to see how it looks with a black roof. Maybe get it wrapped, as it's not permanent then.

Regarding the different colour bumper in photograph's, I'm sure I read a post where someone had questioned the same. It's to do with the bumper and bodywork being a different material (metal and plastic respectively) and how it reflects the light.

In a nutshell - nothing to worry about :thumbs:

I'd be interested to see how it looks with a black roof. Maybe get it wrapped, as it's not permanent then.

Regarding the different colour bumper in photograph's, I'm sure I read a post where someone had questioned the same. It's to do with the bumper and bodywork being a different material (metal and plastic respectively) and how it reflects the light.

In a nutshell - nothing to worry about :thumbs:

Interesting! That has eased my mind a little! I'll see what the guy thinks regarding spraying the whole lot or trying to repair that one spot.

Thanks!

Excellent, thanks for that. Does seem like thats the case then- will have a close inspection when I get home.

First job is working on the interior this evening whilst I have a bit of light left after work.

Then got some Muc-off ubershine shampoo, claybar kit, super resin polish and some Dodo Supernatural to have a proper attack with on Saturday!

Excellent, thanks for that. Does seem like thats the case then- will have a close inspection when I get home.

First job is working on the interior this evening whilst I have a bit of light left after work.

Then got some Muc-off ubershine shampoo, claybar kit, super resin polish and some Dodo Supernatural to have a proper attack with on Saturday!

And so it starts lol, i was the same when i bought my first zed. Straight down to get cleaning gear then out cleaning the zed in all weathers. I think my neighours thought i was mad. Just wait til you get along to a meet and see some of the mods and exhausts and start thinking ummm i like the look/sound of that and zeditis kicks in for good :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Louisa, i gave a mate a lift not long after i bought my Zed and unfortunately his dog wasn't keen staying in the footwell so decided to claw its way upon to my mates lap scratching the leather in the process. I have black seats and its claws scratched all the way down to the orange leather. I tried a few things without success then i bought a 50ml bottle of 118 (colour code) black leather dye from TRG. I used a dab of thinners to remove the muck, the sheen and the leather cream, let it dry and then used the brush that came with the dye to apply thin coats. Three coats later and i can't see whereabouts the scratch was. There is a company called Buffalo that supplies leather repair kits for tears and the like and is easy to use. I repaired a tear in the bolster of my drivers seat in my S14. PM me if you can't find the phone number or e-mail address. Oh and by the way :welcome: