urgent help pls

mrchic

Hi all

Been having trouble starting the zed, started a few days ago clutch down turning key but nothing.

Normally key out and trying again has fixed.

Happened tonight and coudnt start for ten minutes, locked and unlocked doors a few times then it worked. But getting worried now it keeps happening

Any Ideas

Alarm playing up maybe

Thanks

Hi all

Been having trouble starting the zed, started a few days ago clutch down turning key but nothing.

Normally key out and trying again has fixed.

Happened tonight and coudnt start for ten minutes, locked and unlocked doors a few times then it worked. But getting worried now it keeps happening

Any Ideas

Alarm playing up maybe

Thanks

When it does crank and start? Is it verrrry slow to crank?

You still on the original battery?

If so, replace the battery.

My guess - as everyone else has gone for battery, but it starts after a few attempts, the OP says "nothing" then it starts so assuming "nothing" isn't all the lights dimming and the starter clicking - which would be battery - and "nothing" means nothing so the starter circuit is not going live I'm going with -

Faulty clutch down saftey switch.

Just a guess mind.

• Like 1

My guess - as everyone else has gone for battery, but it starts after a few attempts, the OP says "nothing" then it starts so assuming "nothing" isn't all the lights dimming and the starter clicking - which would be battery - and "nothing" means nothing so the starter circuit is not going live I'm going with -

Faulty clutch down saftey switch.

Just a guess mind.

Good guess, good guess. :)

Hi Guys

Thanks everyone for the quick replies very late last night. I tried the car and nothing so left it parked overnight as i was at my Girlfriends so no major panic.

Started this morning no problems as if there was never a problem, so seems battery is fine?, got home turned off, turned on fine, went to work for a few hours, came back all fine.

no slow cranking or anything like that

I'm wondering about the immobiliser as someone already pointed out, or is the security system kicking in and stopping me starting.

I will just have to see, and just one of those things.

What i did do last night was get out lock car, walk round unlock and open passenger door, lock unlock then tried and it worked?

Anyway on a plus side the woman cashier in the petrol station said is that your beautiful sports car as i paid, before then being stuck there ten minutes :D

My first compliment.

Thanks again, and ill keep you posted

Check both battery terminals are not loose or corroded :)

+1 and if they are take them off give them and the clamps a good clean up with wire/wool and/or a wire brush and put back together with some Vaseline.

More often than not the symptons you describe stem from a failing battery, especially if it is 5/6+ years old.

When it's happening check your NATS light on the top of your dash near to the windscreen. If your immobiliser system works fine it will come on with ignition than goes out in few sec. If it's stays on with ignition than your NATS stopping you from starting it. If that's the case you need a Consult to read out fault codes.