350z Acceleration ?

deankenny

I wouldn't fret about a Type R keeping up with you, don't understand what people are on about when they say the zed isn't very fast... My mate has a EP3 CTR with a few mods, tried to overtake me once and his front bumper didn't even reach my door, i then proceeded to swiftly leave him for dust...

Anything like an Impreza or Evo is built for the sole intention (from its rallying heritage) of being very quick point to point, so up to 80mph ish they are very fast, but in my experience once they hit 80 or so they hit a wall, they are also not geared for top end, more for acceleration, they are also as aerodynamic as a brick. I have driven various Imrezas, owned a wrx wagon and also an ra version (lightweight, different gearing etc), also owned an evo4, not much would get past you up to 80 ish and then they would reel you in very quickly (private road track of course).

Edited by Jetpilot

My mate has a 05 WRX and when we go out for a drive there very similar speed wise. The good thing with the z is though is you've got the power all the time. Dont have to worry about changing down a couple of gears to pass someone. And then there is the interior, much nicer place to be than the WRX.

313's plastics are not much to the touch but the shape and look of the dash is fine.... old Imprezas are horrid. (am not gonna chat about the new ones cos no one really wants them lol)...but c'mon...which would you rather sit in... the impreza just looks like stuff was slotted into cut out rectangles..that don't fit well... lol

http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/2012/09/12/1347442248.jpg

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/38158728.jpg

I'm sticking with my decision, were not on about competing with Audis stitching quality here..just general nice place to be, the feel of it.... and on that basis an Impreza... (which I have sat in the old and new)...and not exactly.. sporty...or nice...or cosy or anywhere you;d generally wanna be. Maybe its just me, but I think most Scooby owners are more interered on the kit on the outside and its power...I like that too, but I still know I have to sit in the car ..go to work...drive it for long periods etc lol Don't down the Z, there not much wrong with the shape and look of it. (how often do you scratch your dashboard to see if the plastic is soft or not... :shrug::lol:)

I'm sticking with my decision, were not on about competing with Audis stitching quality here..just general nice place to be, the feel of it.... and on that basis an Impreza... (which I have sat in the old and new)...and not exactly.. sporty...or nice...or cosy or anywhere you;d generally wanna be. Maybe its just me, but I think most Scooby owners are more interered on the kit on the outside and its power...I like that too, but I still know I have to sit in the car ..go to work...drive it for long periods etc lol Don't down the Z, there not much wrong with the shape and look of it. (how often do you scratch your dashboard to see if the plastic is soft or not... :shrug::lol:)

Agree with the above, have to say though i loved mine (a facelift classic), it was big, ignorant, sounded great and could be packed to the gills with camping gear, climbing gear and a kayak and push on pretty well. If you want to tune it's good value for power too.

The interior definitely wasn't the reason I bought it, but actually wouldn't put me off another. Horses for courses. I'm still happier in the zed for now!

733de5af.jpg

Interiors is something im very funny on, when i used to be a taxi driver, and was looking for a new taxi, i couldnt buy the usual. Mondeo for example because so god damn boring, then the vectra, well looks like a child just got a ruler and put everything in square.

I thought to myself, im going to be sat in this thing for hours on end 5 days a week, i want something that "I" will feel good in, something nice to look at all day. So ended up going for a 2006 Honda Accord, at the time looked very modern and bit futuristic if you get where im coming from, and yes it cost more than a Ford or Vauxhall but i was a damn site happier sitting in that all day than a bland old boring Vectra interior.

So when it comes to the 350z, now bearing in mind this is personal opinion, everyones is different. I think it looks brilliant, curves in all the right places, buttons and knobs styled well. Steering Wheel and dials look like they have had some of the cool snazzy magic dust dropped on them, and the inner doors look smooth and uncomplicated finished with a nice looking handle etc. I wouldnt even be thinking about a 350z if i didnt like the interior.

• Like 1

Exactly my point, Imprezas a bit of a jap legend, no doubt, but I just thought I'd voice my opinion on the inside :lol::p

Ps...that looks very clean and tidy!

I Evos n' Scoobys had the inside to match the outside bascially. The new Evo's a classy looking thing, still pumped but less...boy racer, insides a bit of a let down. The 'new' impreza hatch thing, not very nice on the outside and just as crap on the inside. I hope in the future they come back with a proper Impreza 'saloon' like concept...a comeback if you will, since they've capped it, which I'll admits a shame.

So when it comes to the 350z, now bearing in mind this is personal opinion, everyones is different. I think it looks brilliant, curves in all the right places, buttons and knobs styled well. Steering Wheel and dials look like they have had some of the cool snazzy magic dust dropped on them, and the inner doors look smooth and uncomplicated finished with a nice looking handle etc. I wouldnt even be thinking about a 350z if i didnt like the interior

:thumbs: For a £30K motor (bearing mind all the power and looks and kit that came with it) the interior is a nice job (most prominent in the 313 I must admit tho). The Z's makes you feel sporty, dials turned in, transmission tunnel flowing from the dash, feels confined yet still airy. I wouldn't be after something just because it had superior leather... its leather...all the same (in audis its worse...saggs and too soft!...sorry person with S5 :blush: but its true lol). Put it this way, and I know I might be veering off but stick with it cos this is whats came into my head, the Jaguar XJ220, a monumentally crap interior.... but because everything all high and up in your face with that coseted look, its still gonna feel special. The Zed has this too!

I love ranting but its a damn good point I think. :lol::)

The 350z's classy looking thing, still pumped but less...boy racer, insides a bit of a let down

I disagree (as is the way with me :lol:)... the 276's is ...ill admit borderline, and the import grey dash thing is horrendous but the 313, for the cheapness of the plastics they've made it look good.

EDIT - Incase someone tries to find a flaw...the 276's is borderline because still feels cheap like the 313..but the difference is the 276...looked cheap with its black dials etc, the 313's little touches and interior colour changes n' that do make the difference :shrug:

EDIT - All 276 owners...please don't kill me.... :sorry::lol:

Edited by AMT

Exactly my point, Imprezas a bit of a jap legend, no doubt, but I just thought I'd voice my opinion on the inside :lol::p

Ps...that looks very clean and tidy!

I Evos n' Scoobys had the inside to match the outside bascially. The new Evo's a classy looking thing, still pumped but less...boy racer, insides a bit of a let down. The 'new' impreza hatch thing, not very nice on the outside and just as crap on the inside. I hope in the future they come back with a proper Impreza 'saloon' like concept...a comeback if you will, since they've capped it, which I'll admits a shame.

I hate to burst the bubble here, but i dont think you watched Top Gear this evening.

Subaru is officially removing all future Imprezas to be sold in the UK, only way to get a future impreza now is by import.

No as I said "I hope".... like years down the line they decide to give it another bash but come back with a beast of a car.. that would be good!

PS. How crap was Top Gear tonight? ...boring stuff. Love Amy MacDonald.... :lol: Love the way she was clearly following intructions to SPEAK...SLOW-LY.. :lol:

Edited by AMT

When Amy walked on, i never heard of her, first thoughts were, pretty girl, looks like one those "good girls"

Then she opened her mouth, o dear god!!!! Was like a blonde in disguise.

Jeremy Clarkson "did you use launch control on the GT-R"

Amy "no"

Who in all of gods world and universe would "NOT" use or even try out launch control if your in a GT-R let alone when you own one!!!!

:lol:...

Had a bentley, 3 x R8's, a GT-R, a 458...and shes only 25.

Dunno how you've not heard of her, she is fairly famous, but you never see her songs in the charts...wierd. Bit like Jamiroquai.. I like him, but you hardly ever saw him in the charts... and hes got...'some' cars :lol:

What was the original topic of this thread? lol! Oh yeah the acceleration of the Z.... MIND BLOWING..faster than a Veyron, tellin' ye...

:lol:...

Had a bentley, 3 x R8's, a GT-R, a 458...and shes only 25.

Dunno how you've not heard of her, she is fairly famous, but you never see her songs in the charts...wierd. Bit like Jamiroquai.. I like him, but you hardly ever saw him in the charts... and hes got...'some' cars :lol:

What was the original topic of this thread? lol! Oh yeah the acceleration of the Z.... MIND BLOWING..faster than a Veyron, tellin' ye...

haha, nothing like a bit of midnight banter :)

Kind of the same with Bon Jovi, im only 27, i say only but quite young for a Jovi fan.

When i used to drive the taxi, and always had my Bon Jovi cd on in the background, people would ask who is this, i say Bon Jovi, never heard of them they say. This happened on school jobs i did with kids which is understandable, but even the same with 20-30 yr old clubbers on a saturday night.

The band has filled 1000's of stadiums not arenas, for concerts and still continues to do so!!! going to Villa Park this year to watch him, cant believe people have not heard of them.

When i get my 350z trust me it will have its fair share of Bon Jovi being blasted out them speakers :)

Edited by deankenny