Nurburgring advice needed

Bullet

its not so much about preparing your car as much as its about making sure you carry the right equipment

see that AA website for an explanation of what you are required to carry (hi vis vests, warning triangle and the like)

i would suggest by way of preparation for your car make sure you have good tyres, brakes and fluid levels prior to your trip

Edited by SteveM

Good luck and enjoy.

Been to the ring a few times and its bonkers!!

Bikers,local hero,tour bus, manufacturers testing new models all on the same day!!

Maybe you already know but if you crash they charge you the down time for the track and repairs to

Armco at stupid rates so go carefull.

Just pinched this off the Web.

Before you drive in France, ensure that you have a High Visibilty Jacket for the driver and, ideally, for all occupants.

The law came into effect on 1st July 2008 making a requirement for the driver of the car to wear a high-viz upper body garment (waistcoat, jacket, anorak) if the car is immobilised at the side of the road or on a hard shoulder and the driver has to get out of the car. The jackets have to be within reach and inside the car - not in the boot. The jacket should carry the correct CE mark to show that it meets the current legal requirements.

A warning triangle is also obligatory under the same law - this may be kept in the boot though. The purpose of the triangle is that in the event of a breakdown you place it on the carriageway some distance before your vehicle to warn other drivers of the obstruction. When placing hte triangle be mindful of your own safety!

High-viz jackets are not obligatory for passengers, but you are advised to carry in case they, too, have to get out of the car.

When hiring a car, check that a triangle and sufficient jackets (gilets) are provided.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Is it just me or is driving across Europe seem a pain in the a**....make sure you have a first aid kit, make sure you have high vis's...make sure you carry 2 breath things...watch you don't use one...cos then you need another... spare bulbs ALL ROUND....jesus.....You might aswell attach a service and MOT garage to the ar*e of your car.... so glad I don't live in France lol The UK can be bad but it has its plus points... :lol:

Edited by AMT

Don't forget you need a French approved MOT!

Sorrey I forgot to add it has to be in English French and German.

And at least one occupant of the car must speak the native tongue of all the Countries you

plan on visiting fluently!

Honest my mate told me!

Edited by 4RE Leather