Fi Price

Jetpilot

Hi guys, first post outside of the welcome page, thanks for a warm welcome :)

What would or should i expect to pay for a fi'd z?

Coming from Rx7's, i know the price can vary massively for single turbo conversion (i guess an equivalent mod on them. cost etc), so what sort of prices are we looking too and from :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Slippery slope! It all depends on loads of factors,

eg new vs used kit and support mods, installation cost, shipping and duty costs, tuning options and tuning cost. Service and refresh of various components during and after FI, insurance etc

So estimate between 5k -10k minimum.

Yeah buying a custom FI'ed car will be cheaper but I would never feel easy unless I have proof it was well done or if not i'll take it down and reassemble to check every not and bolt and adjust things to my liking so it made add on the original costs and mean there is no real difference. FI is expensive and risky but the rewards are :)

Edited by GT4 Zed

FI is expensive and risky but the rewards are :)

Could you elaborate on the "risky" bit please, are we talking, too much stress on engine, driveline components etc

Not so much to much stress but MORE of course. If it`s not tuned properly it`s not likely to last 5 minutes. You also need to factor in other upgrades such as suspension, tyres, brakes. Making a stock 350z pushout 400+ hp is ok but if you actually want to drive it all the previously mentioned parts are a MUST,

Could you elaborate on the "risky" bit please, are we talking, too much stress on engine, driveline components etc

Not so much to much stress but MORE of course. If it`s not tuned properly it`s not likely to last 5 minutes. You also need to factor in other upgrades such as suspension, tyres, brakes. Making a stock 350z pushout 400+ hp is ok but if you actually want to drive it all the previously mentioned parts are a MUST,

I have done 5 Rx7's buddy, so know the pitfalls and extras that are never considered over and above the engine work.

A curious question but any thoughts and views on whether the auto box would be able to withstand the same 400bhp ish mark. It may seem odd but i have my reasons, its not set it stone that i want an auto however :)

The answer to your question is circa 10K upwards.

An early car with a supercharger without a build is what you would get for circa 10K

Prices will vary considerably, all depends if charged or turbo'd and if the motor has been built.

Alex. :)

An early car with a supercharger without a build is what you would get for circa 10K

Prices will vary considerably, all depends if charged or turbo'd and if the motor has been built.

Thanks buddy :)

Whys that Darran lol:)

Hi guys, first post outside of the welcome page, thanks for a warm welcome :)

What would or should i expect to pay for a fi'd z?

Coming from Rx7's, i know the price can vary massively for single turbo conversion (i guess an equivalent mod on them. cost etc), so what sort of prices are we looking too and from :)

5-10k+ depending on how lucky you are for parts and how much you can save on labour. BUT IMO if you can find a FI'd car already you would save alot of cash. Wasn't there one on here with forged internals?

5-10k+ depending on how lucky you are for parts and how much you can save on labour. BUT IMO if you can find a FI'd car already you would save alot of cash. Wasn't there one on here with forged internals?

I have put so much money into Rx7's, which i have thoroughly enjoyed to be fair, but now i just want a car i can get in and enjoy perhaps with some light fettling over time. I would imagine with all my projects there has been a 50/50 split with time spent doing and time spent driving and appreciate you will never get your money back. The sad truth with Rx7's at the moment is they hold a higher value as parts than as a whole, they are often returned to standard and the aftermarket parts sold on. Perhaps this is a sign of the economic times or perhaps a sign of the popularity of the car, its been discussed a lot in that community. I would certainly not be spending £5k ish on a new supercharger kit and then fitting for example. If i were to buy a base car i would be looking at 2nd hand fi parts. I know many importers who are bringing in from Japan with the sole intention of breaking and that seems to span the whole jdm model range, skylines, supras etc etc

Still here look up twin turbo zed in spotted on eBay.

I have seen that and hopefully not to upset any Zed owners, if i had £18k burning a whole in my pocket it wouldnt be spent on one. I appreciate it is an awesome car and must have had 1000's and 1000's spent but it wouldnt be for me :)

Edited by Jetpilot

]Rx7's at the moment is they hold a higher value as parts than as a whole, they are often returned to standard and the aftermarket parts sold on.

A while back I bought a written off mk2 mx5, completely stock, repaired it & built it to a trackday weapon, suspension, brakes, rollcage, bushes, wheels, exhaust, supercharged, water-meth, harnesses the list goes on. Had 20k of fun in it, put it back to stock, sold the car & all the parts separately & turned a £400 profit. now that was some cheap motoring.

Unfortunately with the z33 there isn`t really a cheap way of going FI, there arn`t many boosted cars so in term picking up used FI parts is un common. So IMO unless your a real zed head or you have a real burning sensation in your pocket it`s not worth doing it to a 350z