West Midlands Z

Hi I'm Gaz iv been floating around here for a while thought was about time to sort out saying hello. I'm from Hagley iv got a 2005 350z broken at the moment but joys of getting cheap to fix up and enjoy the fun.iv been a big fan of drifting for a while an wanted something new just still had the the fun of rwd an 350z sorts all. Always been a fan i will e attending some local meet an be nice to meet new people.here is a little picture of my z after a was the other day I'm no photo expert iPhone quality :)

3E4031E6-5508-47C0-BC20-C853159BE235-2679-0000019FAEC62D32_zps093bfd9c.jpg

I think it has burnt valves as did a dry compression test an all was 150ish but 3/4 cylinder was 25psi one on each head the did a wet test an went up around 5/10psi so so either valves on exhaust or inlet as not mixing water an oil no smoke issues so I think can only be but can't confirm until remove both heads an have a look unless anyone has any ideas all helps. An yes to be fair as a stock 350z they drift quite well abit twitchy but other than that pulls very very well loads of torque :) thanks for all the nice welcomes

I think it has burnt valves as did a dry compression test an all was 150ish but 3/4 cylinder was 25psi one on each head the did a wet test an went up around 5/10psi so so either valves on exhaust or inlet as not mixing water an oil no smoke issues so I think can only be but can't confirm until remove both heads an have a look unless anyone has any ideas all helps. An yes to be fair as a stock 350z they drift quite well abit twitchy but other than that pulls very very well loads of torque :) thanks for all the nice welcomes

Yeah from what you've described there it sounds like an issue with the valves. Either way you'll need to whip the head off to investigate it. Hope you get it fixed soon. Keep us updated on your progress :)

Hello Gaz the floater :teeth:

I'm local to you (in Kidderminster) and travel through Hagley on my daily commute. I should be easy to spot as my car looks exactly the same as yours (apart from a Nismo splitter). :thumbs:

Edited by 14N

Thanks for all the welcomes the z will be coming off the road for the rebuild in the next week or so I was wondering if anyone has a standard diff they are looking to sell as my LSD I don't want to weld so may sell mine or do a deal with someone as welding a LSD is a waste compared to welding an standard diff thanks :)