Injury Claim

spursmaddave

First some background, In June 2010 my Zed ended up a little battered and bruised :blackeye:

99149ECF-87A2-405E-A50E-81C0A92D481B-3377-000003B206F4CAAB.jpg

Basically a lorry decided he wanted my lane without worrying that I was in it :surrender:

A long fight ensued, offered 50:50 not a chance, told them I would go to court and that the damage to my car proved I was driving in a straight line when the impact occured and finally we were awarded a no fault claim and returned every penny of our excess.

But now the 3rd party is claiming for injuries sustained and we have to through hoops again detailing everything that happened!

The guy was in a rush to get away and had his boss hassling him so I am sure there were no injuries whatsoever from a 3 tonne lorry side swiping a Zed :wacko:

Maybe I should have claimed too but I was fine :shrug:

Surely if he has been proved to be at fault i.e. insurance claim wise why on earth are we being chased for information.....

Edited by spursmaddave

Hi Dave

This does sound strange, especially as the decision was awarded in your favour.

I would recommend contacting your insurers but I wouldn't worry, I cannot see a third party getting compensation after they have lost the case! In fact in 25 years in the industry, I have never known this happen!

Thanks Tim,

We recieved a letter from another company , Parabis saying a claim had been made etc and we ignored it and told them to contact our old insurer. They sent another letter last week saying "If we do not recieved a completed accident form we will have to deal with the claimants case without predudice"

After talking to our old insurer Parabis are acting on THEIR behalf, something not made clear. So to stop this scumbag from getting a penny I will filling in the report and returning it.

People like this really boil my pi$$

Classic quotes (which will be in my report)

Him "I didn't see you"

Me "so you accept liability then?"

Him "no because you were going too fast"

Me "how do you know I was going too fast if you didn't see me?"

Him - blank confused face

Unlucky Dave,

I filled in new paperwork for the company vehicle insurance a few months ago, on it was a reference to a crash where someone went into the back of the van at a roundabout (my engineer was driving) I have had over 20 "no win no fee" you didn't make an injury claim calls from various companies - none of them my insurer! Even had one offering to make a claim against a 4 year old bump when no one was in our van it was parked on the side of a road ?????

No doubt the same thing has happened to the driver and he has said yes - I'm sure when they find out the claim was settled with you not at fault they will drop it. - Or at least I hope so, bloody PITA things like this we had to fill in a shed load of paperwork when someone wrote down a wrong number plate on a form and the insurance company came after us - we were 20 miles away when the crash happened :scare:

Hope you get it sorted mate :thumbs:

Surely if he has been proved to be at fault i.e. insurance claim wise why on earth are we being chased for information.....

Box Ticking young Dave ........................Article 3x4y , sub paragraph 23 part 6.7.3.99 'Did you ask dumb questions'

The will also probably call for a Public Inquiry. We have them for every thing else.

Box Ticking young Dave ........................Article 3x4y , sub paragraph 23 part 6.7.3.99 'Did you ask dumb questions'

The will also probably call for a Public Inquiry. We have them for every thing else.

If there is a public enquiry I will ask for character references from the forum....

On 2nd thoughts :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same type of accident back 2010, when a lorry decided to move from the outside lane to the inside lane after overtaking another car behind me. He obviously didn`t see me in the missus vw polo, got sideswiped and sent off the road, fortunatly we missed any roadside furniture and just had 2k worth of damage done., with no injuries or anything, which was sorted by the lorrys insurance very quickly as they accepted full liability, my insurance didn`t even get involved, However in the last 18 months i have been constantly hassled by injury compensation claim companies saying i am entitled to money, I have no intention of claiming anything as i was not injured, i spoke to my insurance company about why am i getting these phone calls and they have found out, that the lorry driver claimed 2K for personal injury of his companies and that the claim is still open in case I claim, I think its fraud how the hell can a driver of a 15 ton arctic hitting a little vw polo get hurt/, plus it was his fault. No wonder insurance keeps going up with cases like this.

Edited by azcry
  • Like 1

Exactly it's just a disgusting sham for personal claim companies to make money out of us because sll the claims and their % goes onto our insurance...

Trouble is far too many people thing that if everyone else is doing it they might as well, no problem with genuine cases but how on earth can someone that CAUSES an accident 100% be entitled to claim against MY insurance for personal injuries, it's just crazy...

Anyway luckily I have all photos and have sent a statement so hopefully the lying theiving ***** will get absolutely feck all :teeth:

Get the Old Bill to nick him for driving without due care and attention, and that will be the end of it.

I had the same problem when a motor bike that hit me in a Range Rover completely their fault, Then

he and his passenger tried to sue me for damages..!!. Old Bill nicked them for driving without due

care and attention, they were not going to nick him until he tried to sue me for compensation.

Go and have a chat with them.

:surrender:

God this type of thing really annoys me - an accident is something to avoid but some idiots think its just like a winfall and see how much they can get out of it...grrrrr

Years ago someone tried breaking into my dads business and fell in the process and tried to sue my dad.......no comment