S**tty day, Damaged Car!!!!!!!!!!GOOOD news update

Emperor Ming

Today has not been a good day.

I have spent several hours fitting my latest bit of engine bling, hiding all the bits and pieces and making a proper professional job. Well happy with myself.

It has been windy but warm and I even managed to catch the sun!! :teeth:

Came in to get a cup of tea went out to find the bonnet closed :wacko:

It was open when i had gone in! I then noticed the bonnet stay poking out the front of the car from under the bonnet :headhurt:

Then I notice the two large cracks in the windscreen! :angry:

Then I notice the top of both wings bent out slightly :rant:

Then I notice that the bonnet is bulging in the middle :scare:

I got the bonnet up eventually to find two VERY BENT bonnet hinges :rant::rant:

What has happened is that the wind has blown the bonnet that hard it has smashed into the windscreen with the two top corners causing both sides of the screen to smash. I might as well pay the bleedin excess!! This has caused the hinges to bend and miss-align the bonnet so that when it came back down it bent the tops of the wings out creasing the drivers side one and slightly bending up the nearside one.

With a £250 voluntary excess and a £60 glass excess it is going to cost me a minimum of £310 :teeth: (You have to smile otherwise you would cry)

I did think about doing the hinges and stuff myself but it would mean taking the wings off which means the lights out which means the front bumper off!!!!!!!!! Have you ever tried re aligning stuff like that!! I have and it aint easy!! By the time I paid for the hinges and sorted out the paint work and then put everything back on I might as well pay the bleedin' excess!

BOL*OX BOL*OX BOL*OX BOL*OX

Ming the NOT VERY Happy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you just wish Nissan would fit proper gas struts :rant:

Just get it all done on insurance and try not to think about it is all I can say unfortunately. Lets hope people here can read this and never have it happen to them.

Just get it all done on insurance and try not to think about it is all I can say unfortunately. Lets hope people here can read this and never have it happen to them.

The real annoying thing is that I remember thinking that the bonnet was bouncing a lot in the wind and that I was not overly happy working underneath it!!

The thing is the wind was not THAT strong!!

You are right though just get it PROPERLY sorted through the insurance company.

Ming the surprisingly upbeat!!

The real annoying thing is that I remember thinking that the bonnet was bouncing a lot in the wind and that I was not overly happy working underneath it!!

The thing is the wind was not THAT strong!!

You are right though just get it PROPERLY sorted through the insurance company.

Ming the surprisingly upbeat!!

Oh mate, that totally sucks :scare:

I really hope that this gets sorted out for you by the insurance

By way of a mutual cry into our cups I also have a tale of woe that has left me Z-less for nearly 4 months - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubfzu5QZrz0

Billy

Get some gas struts! I have the NRG hood dampers and they work like a charm, although the hood is raised higher than normal.

The good thing with the NRG ones is that you don''t have to cut alot into the plastic surrounding the batterycover/cilinder cover. The only thing you need to do is to cut a semi circle to uncover a bolt and that's it.... If you get some Tein dampers, you really have to cut out quite a bit or melt the shape of the dampers into the plastic...

I got them from this website:

http://www.speedfantasyus.com/index.php ... f10399a476

Postage is +- 25$

Sorry to hear it Ming.

How is the bling going? Any updates, on the other thread to reignite it all?? ;)

Bad bugger!!! Good excuse for a decent bonnet :blush:

Me?! I mean it, mine's been being used as a bumper car by anyone who cares to see it at the moment. It's not nice to hear.

Have a dent in the passenger door where Jeff Capes has clearly parked next to me and doored it, and then someone with a fairer arm has done the driver door, and the rear bumber has been hit - again. I give up!

So not so much bling myself, need some banter to get it going again!!

Hi Guys

Took the plunge and rang the insurance company to find my excess had gone UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (They had miss written it on a piece of paper they sent me and when I found the original it clearly showed the 3350 they are asking for. Fortunately the windscreen comes in that so its really only £40 more than I had expected)

Boy am I going to get my money's worth out of this.

Had the car assessed and the guy was thourough with a big T

There was a chip on the bumper the size of a pin prick caused by the bonnet arm and he has photographed it. His reasoning is, that if accepted, it will allow him to fully re-paint the front bumper.

He is already going to remove the slight dent in the bonnet that was there when I got the car, together with the dent in the wing caused by a car door a few weeks ago.

He is going to paint the bonnet and both wings as well.

(The front of my car will weigh heavy with all the paint it has on it and maybe I will get the bumper done right now.)

It should go in the middle of next week and take a couple of days or so!

So far I have been very impressed with the service and quality of work displayed so fingers crossed it rubs of on my car!!

Ming the - slightly - happier

Hi H5.

Sorry to hear about your bumps and dings. It really gets me all riled up when folk just don't chuffin care.

The cause of all this angst and ire was the attaching of my latest engine bling ;)

The new metal cover was a disaster and the painted plastic one only a little better - it looks great in the sun when the metal flake does gleam but otherwise it just looks ordinary. I am still looking at the metal option but the excess I am going to have to pay is going to slow things a little.

As for the new bits all I am going to say is --- LIGHTS -- ;)

When the car is back and cleaned up again I will take a picture and post it up. At present the powder coated after market air filter etc is back in the garage otherwise the insurance company would have tried not to pay!!!!!

I also have a custom rear boot liner cover on order that may or may not be what I am looking for. all I have to do in payment for this is to clean and polish a 15 year old 4x4 that has not seen soap or a sponge in about 10 years!! I think I got the rough end of the stick but it will make for interesting before and after pictures.

I will update the bling on the bling thread as soon as the car is repaired.

Ming the Happy

Hi H5.

Sorry to hear about your bumps and dings. It really gets me all riled up when folk just don't chuffin care.

The cause of all this angst and ire was the attaching of my latest engine bling ;)

The new metal cover was a disaster and the painted plastic one only a little better - it looks great in the sun when the metal flake does gleam but otherwise it just looks ordinary. I am still looking at the metal option but the excess I am going to have to pay is going to slow things a little.

As for the new bits all I am going to say is --- LIGHTS -- ;)

Neons? :p

The metal cover you have mentioned is that the engine cover or battery cover? :thumbs: