S**tty day, Damaged Car!!!!!!!!!!GOOOD news update

Emperor Ming

FORD heated screens have very very thin filament type wire in the glass in front of you... allegedly they are so thin that during normal driving you are not meant to see them or obstruct your vision.

However you can see them if you look closely and once you spot them, you cannot ovoid noticing them and then they become a nuisance.

I never knew Nissan had this technology... in fact I am a bit sceptical about this... (as I have seen a few Nissans (JDM included and Infiniti's) and I am pretty sure Nissan do not apply this technology), unless a heated screen actually means a screen with a electric heated element in the base near the winscreen vents, which can be activated in advance of the heater system being fully operational, and this heated element heats the the area near to the wiper baldes and air going out to the windscreen, from the start of the vehicle running.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've driven a focus with a heated screen, I thought it was fab the way the ice just slid off after seconds. If its heated air at the bottom of the screen then would they have been having hassle about the different type of glass?

Zedrush. Thanks mate but they are already part way through the repair and the cheque is cashed and in my account!!

The heated screen is clear to see if you look around the edges of the glass. There is a light brown filament very similar to the one that goes on a rear window but it only seems to go round the edge. Not knowing I had it I cannot comment on its operation - or even how to turn it on?? - and as such whether it heats all the screen or just some of it!

I didn't realise when I bought it just how many extras my car had.

So far its

Heated screen

Different side repeaters

Fujitsubo exhaust

Mud flaps

Leather seats

Tinted glass

Grounding kit

Iridium plugs - now replaced

Ming the lucky