Surround Sound

4RE Leather

Since my 18 month old panasonic SA-BT330 Blue-Ray decided that for the 2nd time it would die after trying to update the firmware (At panasonics request) and now they cant repair it as they say the part is no longer manufactured.

Umm a £450 Blue-Ray 18 months ago and they cant find the part is a bit hard to swallow

Anyway moving on I was getting a bit board so I decided to get this little lot of well old but excellent sound bits and bobs.

Cant get it all in the picture as 2 bigger speakers for back.

It incorporated a Sony 3D 9 month old £300 stand alone Blueray and I was shown a 4 figure receipt for the insides of the speakers boxes. they are not whats on the label.

I got the lot for £300 off fleabay and drove to Wisbech yesterday to pick it up.

Set it up as best I could without any instructions and it really does sound great.

Only draw back is the Big old amp has not got a remote control and you really do need one.

Its a Sony DTS 96/24 with a STR DB790 AMP.

If anyone has some solid evidence where I may purchase a remote I would be obliged if they will share it with me please.

Thanks.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Edited by 4RE Leather

I've had a similar model to that (strdb930) for approaching 15 years, solid amp with good sound quality - the only thing thats gone wrong with mine is that I knocked the radio aerial port off the back when I was moving it. I'm tempted to upgrade though due to the lack of HDMI and it's a bit dated... good value @ £40 though!

I bought everything in the picture for £340.

Although the box speakers have name on them like TDL AND JAMO he produced receipts from 5 years ago for £2500 just for individual speakers. yes the amp is about £40 now but I plugged the FM coaxil in and the sound was great.

And not forgetting the £300 6 month old 3D panasonic 10:80 blueray.

I was quite happy to trip out to wisbech on Saturday to collect.

Then the swine showed me his Tv set up. It is a 10:80 3D multi HDMI TV projector and the latest 110" motorised screen thats made of a matt canvas type material for want of a better word.

I have worked out were i can fit it all and a motorised lowering bracket from the ceiling on a drop beam is the place.

Then I get 2 x quality 10 meter HDMI cables and trunk them in.

Prices?

At trhe very top price on fleabay for combined all what I want I am struggling to get much above £500.

I would rather go to a shop and get a demo 1st, and prefer not to buy of fleabay.

I hate long distance transactions as when they go wrong you cant always go round to bloody their nose lol

Has anyone got experience with these new projector TV's and screens and maybe a trip to a viewing if they live near me:)

Thanks

You can always get one of the Harmony remotes, you can program them to work with virtually any device and it means you can control your TV/SkyBox/Amp all from one remote. I have 2 in the house, they have replaced about 6-7 remotes, couldn't live without them :)

Projectons TVs been around for while, never had one but use to have a projector. Give you massive screen sizes for not a lot of money but you need a room where you can control the lighting (black out blinds etc). Bulbs on projectors are pretty pricy and have a short life, if used as your main TV they probably will only last a few years before needing changing. Getting accurate colours is also a pain. Essentially projectors/projection TVs let's you get big pictures (80 inch +) on the cheap, but ultimate image quality isn't so good (unless you spend ££££).

Will get another one some day, waiting to see what happens with this 4Krubbish.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

The guy i picked it all up from was nreally nice and explaned as best he could but it was all going over my head.

Not helped by his Polish accent.

from my limited knowledge and past experience (very little) TV projectors and those projector TV giant boxes were all about getting a large picture and skimpt on the sound and quality.

However the picture quality from the one this guy had was quite amazing and certainly a great leap from the past.

I would say as good as a Panasonic 400hertz. 1080.

It was the screen that seemed to be the secret to the picture quality but I have not found a simular one onebay for want of trying.

Yep your speakers are indeed the next step up SMD.

:)