New pug??

Flex

My Mrs is wanting a pug, currently we have no pets.

I keep telling her what a HUGE commitment having a dog is, although (I think) pugs need a little less exercise vs other dogs and we do have a mother in law that would look after it on a weekend if we went away.

I would be around almost full time during the day so not too much of an issue there.

I do like animals but I am very much aware of how much of a commitment it is (my sister has 3 dogs, 3 cats and a horse and never goes anywhere!-although she's at the far end of the pet owner spectrum).

Anyone got any thoughts/opinions?

Edited by flexib

I've had my pug for 3 years now & hes awesome :D

Younger pugs love exercise, Older ones less so. They are really good with other people & love to be made a fuss of. Eats absolutely anything & everything. Mine spends 80% of the day asleep :lol:

Takes ages to house train them though so expect plenty of accidents until you have mastered it.

Definitely get one, they are awesome dogs :teeth:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

30032_1468253947026_1253904595_2806.jpg

• Like 3

Ian, you have almost convinced me. :teeth:

He looks sweet & cool at the same time.

I would like your post but I've exceeded my 'like' for today under the new forum. Now I wish I'd saved some!!

Awesome.

Edited by flexib

I get stopped by women a couple of times every time I walk him because they all want to come & stroke him :lol: Its great when your single :lol:

Ha ha, I'm not single but hey if they want to stroke it then let em stroke. They can also stroke the dog too!! :lol:

i love basset hounds, my parents look after my Dachshund; i had him when my parents got 2, don;t want to take him away from there as he's been there so long, has 2 other dogs for company, a huge garden; and someone at home all day. but i see him often.

Would love a basset, think they are awesome dogs.