Saw a Supra today....hmm..

AMT

The prices on the Supra and NSX (especially) have firmed up far too much for what they are (IMHO) which is a shame as it'll be a long time until they drop down again.

Would love a RX7 but being a bit on the chubby side, I'm not sure I would fit :blush:

:lol:

Loose some weight then, and you'll go faster :D

I dunno about the Supra 'showing its age', if its clean and has the black lenses at the front, it looks good to me (good set of alloys on it tho...standards were guff), its the interior thats not so good. Nice idea with the shape and facing the driver etc, but manuals are hard to find now I think? And a lot I see have that horrid cloth interior with god knows what colours ...spat across the seat :yuck: lol Same with everything I suppose, my m8s Celica T-Sport has all the bits you want, swoopy dash leading into a transmission tunnel.... yet its made of light grey cheap as hell plastic lol. RX-7... Mmmm, now I hate bodykits ..mostly but a nice wide one suits a mazda rx-7 so well :teeth:

In regards to the GT86, I'm not sold on it yet. Every mag says it drives well,which is fair nuff, but still a bit undecided on the looks and especially the interior. Arnold Clark (glasgow..somwhere?) called me to say they had a GT86 in and to see if I wanted a test drive as they'd been informed (took my name off a previous mailing list) that I'd been looking for a new car lol.

So I said to the lady... yes, yes i am... "have you been looking at anything else?".... yep, 350Z, some hot hatches..."oh yes there nice, the GT86 has nearly 200bhp and does 0-60 in...and on on...." well I'll pass thanks "is there something about the car your not sure on...anything we can help with?".... well, you want me to pay £25K for a car thats slower than the car it replaces and even tho its more modern, costs £6K more than a new Celica at the time, when I can buy a Zed for just over half that and have around 300bhp... "oh...thanks for your time..." lol! :lol:

Edited by AMT250

So I said to the lady... yes, yes i am... "have you been looking at anything else?".... yep, 350Z, some hot hatches..."oh yes there nice, the GT86 has nearly 200bhp and does 0-60 in...and on on...." well I'll pass thanks "is there something about the car your not sure on...anything we can help with?".... well, you want me to pay £25K for a car thats slower than the car it replaces and even tho its more modern, costs £6K more than a new Celica at the time, when I can buy a Zed for just over half that and have around 300bhp... "oh...thanks for your time..." lol! :lol:

you're another pub number quoter. "ah well my car has 300 Bhp" etc etc

not every car is about how much torque and BHP its got. the GT86 is more about the driving experience, the feedback and the enjoyment it gives for being rewarding.

my old MR2 roadster only had 140 bhp but was a fanatastic car to drive. my 306 gti6 had about 165 bhp and that was a cracking drive, the S2000 i had was only 220 bhp and that was a supurb drive. i might even be as bold to say all of them were a more involving and exciting drive than the 350Z. not that the zed isn;t good. but all of those cars when you get the apex of a bend just right made you feel supurb.

my current car has about 440 bhp and in a straight line is awesome but take it down the back roads and b roads and its no where near as rewarding as say the zed, and compared to the cars mentioned above its just an lacking the same excitment. also on the back roads most of that power becomes irelevant when what you want is small light and nibble with a revvy responsive engine.

I reckon the gt86 is going to be a very popular tuning platform.

I dunno about the Supra 'showing its age', if its clean and has the black lenses at the front, it looks good to me (good set of alloys on it tho...standards were guff), its the interior thats not so good. Nice idea with the shape and facing the driver etc, but manuals are hard to find now I think? And a lot I see have that horrid cloth interior with god knows what colours ...spat across the seat :yuck: lol Same with everything I suppose, my m8s Celica T-Sport has all the bits you want, swoopy dash leading into a transmission tunnel.... yet its made of light grey cheap as hell plastic lol. RX-7... Mmmm, now I hate bodykits ..mostly but a nice wide one suits a mazda rx-7 so well :teeth:

In regards to the GT86, I'm not sold on it yet. Every mag says it drives well,which is fair nuff, but still a bit undecided on the looks and especially the interior. Arnold Clark (glasgow..somwhere?) called me to say they had a GT86 in and to see if I wanted a test drive as they'd been informed (took my name off a previous mailing list) that I'd been looking for a new car lol.

6k more than a new celica at the time. well look at inflation etc etc thats hardly anything.

The seats are joked about a being the national express coach seats but when she was silver we never really noticed them, it was only after she had an overhaul that they stood out, the seats would be covered rather than changed because they're really comfy. Mike's considered selling it but there is nothing around that gives him the buzz the supra does, especially when that second turbo kicks in. He sometimes wishes he'd left it standard, but I'm not a fan of them that way and prefer her the way she is, although I will be the first to admit there are some awful ones out there lol. I love our bumblebee :D

IMG_1311.jpg