Which new exhaust sounds like OEM

colindalton

Before you say I have done "lots" of searches and listened to lots of media clips but you cant beat real "ears", I love the sound of my standard exhaust and now I have a hole in the back box! - Im not buying a direct replacment from some local exhaust centre as it will be shite and Im not paying Nissan for an OEM - anyone reccomend a good aftermarket replacment that looks and sounds similar and that I wouldnt have to sell a child for????>

Thanks

Colin

I have heard loads of combos over the years and there is nothing that sounds the exact same as the oem as imo the oem sounds crap. I think style wise the cobra is your best bet. However just to jazz it up only a little... the scorpion or Miltek exhaust are your other options. If you go for either one of them..... you will be a happy man and they wont break the bank too much either. :)

• 4 weeks later...

To add my twopennorth......I had a Scorpion 'Y pipe back' system fitted when I had my Zed as I wanted what I think you require - an improvement on the crap OEM exhaust note without it being too loud. I was really happy with the Scorpion and would recommend it. I believe the back box on the Cobra is smaller than OEM or the Scorpion but I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong :thumbs:

The Milltek is a lot more cash I think?

Just to add another opinion, although I drive a skyline 350gt my exhaust system is a zed one.

I needed a system which was as oem sounding as possible after having the old bill round due to neighbours complaining about noise levels (I was previously running berk hfc, japspeed y-pipe and east shore racing k1)

I did a fair amount of research (on here and youtube) and was lucky enough to hear both some Zeds and 350gts running different systems, in the end I took the chance and brought a japspeed k2 (same as toyosports one, if you search japspeed k2/toyosports on here you'll find some people have a nightmare with fitment and build quality) from eBay for the grand sum of £120 shipped...had it not been this price I would have definitely have gone with either the cobra or scorpion systems.

The exhaust note is slightly deeper than oem and it can drone a little over 3k revs but overall I'm happy with it, I'll be adding the berk hfc back into the mix early next year to see of the sound levels are still reasonable.

Hope this helps

Sai