Something fun for the weekend....

Stew

I'm working in Houston, Texas for a couple of weeks (Yeeeeeehaw!) and I have weekends free.

I did a company driving thing this morning and the guy tolld me to avoid Austin at all costs over the weekend........ OH YES!

So, a little googling and I'm now in possession of Practice and qualifying tickets for the first F1 GP in Austin.

Looking forward to it!

Damn thats good timing.

Be sure to check out 6th Street in the evenings as it's a great night out. Live music capital of the world.

Im hopefully gonna go to next years' race there as my Dad lived in Austin until last year, so we're hopefully gonna go stay at his friends there.

Result! :yahoo:

Think you will find the cicuit is a much larger version of Knockhill with increased undulations - i.e. the American version - BIGGER :lol:

Appears to offer good overtaking opportunities at two corners for the F1 guys - should give some good viewing :thumbs:

EDIT: wasn't quite sure when I read the thread heading whether the spellchecker had got it wrong ;):teeth:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the circuit. It should be awesome!

But you won't be going as a nice American told you not to go........................will you :shrug:

He was trying to be nice I think. I haven't seen or heard anything about it here so if the penny hadn't dropped I'd have been none the wiser!

Working hard Vik, it's a tough life at times!