See what you mean about the paint...

AMT

Truck.... stone.... bonnet... ...yeah.... lol Should I buy a touch up brush for this? Any recommendations? lol Just got the damn thing.... ah well. Hopefully get some decent pics up soon once ive got my windows done on monday and an S2000 aerial on.

2012-11-01173924.jpg

Well on the old coupe I had Limo tint, now this would stop you seeing the Z bar at the back but I'm not too fussed, I've been getting annoyed with lights shinning in my mirror since picking it up lol So used to havin ma rears dark lol. Plus it hides the rest of the 'boot'.

The bonnet always gets stone chips one way or another. Get some touch up for now and then if it gets any worse you can always have it resprayed. Heard the best way to touch up stone chips is to dip a cocktail stick into the paint and carefully apply it that way. :)

I recommend the RDX aerial, it's a much better fit compared to the S2000.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62006-350z-honda-rdx-stubby-aerials-in-stock/

... Just 'awesome' lol! Meh, what can you do..its a car...and there are...trucks with unsecured stones...B*******!! lol That aerial Steve, saw the pic looks much better than the S2000, nice one piece jobby. Take it it works ok? also will it be a good fit and i mean has it got a decent thread. On my coupe I bought a few and they had like 1 and half cm threads that barely screwed it in, had to cut a bolt thing to size myself and wedge it in the car and then fire the aerial on lol.

Plus how do I pay you ..securley lol

Cheers! :)

Edited by AMT250

... Just 'awesome' lol! Meh, what can you do..its a car...and there are...trucks with unsecured stones...B*******!! lol That aerial Steve, saw the pic looks much better than the S2000, nice one piece jobby. Take it it works ok? also will it be a good fit and i mean has it got a decent thread. On my coupe I bought a few and they had like 1 and half cm threads that barely screwed it in, had to cut a bolt thing to size myself and wedge it in the car and then fire the aerial on lol.

Plus how do I pay you ..securley lol

Cheers! :)

Works and fits perfectly, I've sold loads of these aerials to members and not had any complaints. :)

Send me a PM and I'll send you the payment options.

speaking of.... The dealership I got mine in had a Ferrari 612... it had protection film... it looked terrible you can see egdes and over time its just coming off or the edges become more visible by the looks of it. Dunno if theres anywhere in Scotland near that does a decent job of it or I'd possibly consider, but not like the Ferrari, I'd want the edges hidden lol

I will PM indeed!

Edited by AMT250

Paint Codes (might be others):

Blade---------------- KY0 (M)

Gun Metal--------- WV2 (M) (2 shades)

Kuro Black--------- KH3 (S)

Sunset-------------- A17 (M)

Chilli Pepper-------AX6 (S)

Azure--------------- B17 (M)

Ultra Yellow------ E33 (P/M)

Universal Silver - K23 / (M)

Twilight Grey ---- K51 / (M)

Ebisu Black ------- G41 / (P/M)

Vibrant Red ------ A54 /(S)

Le Mans Blue ---- RAE / (P/M)

Storm White ----- QAB / (P/M)

hey amt only had my car two weeks and got the same issue. A very similar sized chip on the bonnet and also one on the edge of the body work above the passenger side rear quarter window. hope you don't mind me asking on your thread but was wondering is the best place to get the touch up paint from nissan or any other suppliers that are just as good? Good luck sorting it, post up some pics when your done.

Thanks Colin! And ilogikal1!

Hey Wizurd, I've had a good look at it today in the light (as for most of the week not seen it as due to work its dark when I get up and gettin dark when I go home lol. Not as bad as I thought. Tranquilbass had said my colour wouldn't show the chips as much and he was right, theres a kinda greyish primer colour underneath so not too bad, but I will be looking for some sort of touch up brush thing.

In terms of who to go to, dunno, got the right paint code for mine now, so just a case of finding it. Could try Nissan or somwehre else. Fairly newish on 58plate so the paint shouldn't be too...'aged'. Only thing I'd suggest is test it out on sum metal or something first! Done this with my last car. I expect chips, just didn't want one so quick lol. I will learn to live with them :lol:

Edited by AMT250

Hello AMT,

I may have accidentally ordered a K51 touch up pen, if they don't change my order to my correct colour code... would you be interested in it?

I read good things about them, so I grabbed mine from genicolor.com to give it a go.

Won't know until it comes next week, but id do it for a couple of quid posted.

Edited by ThriftyFifty

"may have".. lol! How do you accidently order something haha. I've managed to get one m8 but thanks. Not used it yet though. Did you get a clear coat thing with it at all?

Edited by AMT250