Banking Advice

leonk

Bit of advice needed. I thought I was reasonably worldly wise and clued up but these days you never know.

Long story short......

I have a guy from the forum ( I'm sure he wont mind me posting this ) who is coming to view the car tomorrow and wants to pay by instant bank transfer and drive the car away. I have heard of situations where the money shows up in your account but is returned perhaps as insufficient funds? a day later leaving you with no car and no money. Am I being paranoid? Advice needed from someone more up to speed on banking and bank transfers. If it was a week day, I would just ask the bank.

As always all help/ advice appreciated

Must add, he seems a really genuine and nice guy!

Edited by leonk

Telephone banking worked perfect for me when selling TVR and buying the zed. Funds were transfered and in the account straight away.

Funds would not be transferred if the buyer had insufficient money to make the transfer so as far ad I know a safe and secure way to buy and sell.

Hiya Leon.

no worries on asking in the forum. its a fair bit of money so I'd prefer the we're both comfortable with the situation :-)

don't know if you got my email as well but I'm more than happy to login to my banking in front of you so you can see me sending the money over. thinking as well like zmanalex said your online banking should show the balance and available balance in your account so you should be able to see that not only the balance has gone up but that you can draw against it as well. Only other thing I can think is that if the account I'm paying it into is say an empty one then you could try drawing out money against it so you know it's there?

sorry cross over post there lol didn't see your reply. feel a bit bad taking the car off you because I know what it means. on the plus side you'll see it plenty because I'm looking forward to going to the meets and events. will try my best to keep it in as good as condition as you have.

Hiya Leon.

no worries on asking in the forum. its a fair bit of money so I'd prefer the we're both comfortable with the situation :-)

don't know if you got my email as well but I'm more than happy to login to my banking in front of you so you can see me sending the money over. thinking as well like zmanalex said your online banking should show the balance and available balance in your account so you should be able to see that not only the balance has gone up but that you can draw against it as well. Only other thing I can think is that if the account I'm paying it into is say an empty one then you could try drawing out money against it so you know it's there?

All ok wizurd, wife says i'm just making excuses not to let it go tomorrow :lol:

It's the fake bankers drafts that get called back mate. They're fake but it takes a couple of weeks for the bank to identify it by which point your car has disappeared into the sunset.

Bank transfer is instant and unless the originator proves that it was a fraudulent transaction then it should never be 'bounceable'

It's the fake bankers drafts that get called back mate. They're fake but it takes a couple of weeks for the bank to identify it by which point your car has disappeared into the sunset.

Bank transfer is instant and unless the originator proves that it was a fraudulent transaction then it should never be 'bounceable'

Yep you can't recall an online payment and it wont allow the transfer if the funds arent there. :thumbs:

I used to pay for my cars with bankers drafts, some people were happy to call the bank to confirm it was genuine.