New updated 350Z

Nick U

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any good gen on the new updated 350Z model due out soon? There doesn't seem to be anything on the Nissan website.

So far I have only managed to find this info and these pics:

8211335961.jpg

8211335971.jpg

8211335871.jpg

8211335724.jpg

8211335520.jpg

Nissan to reveal all-new model in Geneva

Monday March 5, 3:36 PM

Nissan plans to show a new concept vehicle and a revised 350Z on the Geneva motor show floor. The big news is in the form of the new concept - yet to be uncovered - and Nissan remains tight-lipped. The company claims the new model will "reinforce the company's profit and growth aspirations in Europe". We'll be there to tell you if the automaker looks to reach its goal.

What we do know is that there have been extensive mechanical revisions made to the flagship 350Z sport coupé. Nissan has fitted nearly 80 per cent new engine parts to the 'next generation' 3.5-litre V6 engine, boosting power to 309bhp at 6800rpm and torque to 264lb.ft at 4800rpm.

Nissan claims to have achieved this by employing a wider operating range for the variable intake and variable valve timing systems, as well as a common length exhaust manifold to reduce back pressure. Those changes supposedly act to boost low and mid-range torque.

The introduction of a second knock sensor, an asymmetric piston pattern, improved cylinder cooling and iridium spark plugs are said to improve efficiency of the ignition cycle, while an increase in compression ratio from 10.3 to 10.6 has been key in liberating more top end power.

Engineers have also increased maximum engine speed by 500rpm to 7500rpm via a larger crank journal and crank pin. At the bottom of the engine, a ladder frame has been added to stiffen the crankcase and reduce vibration.

Despite these changes, weight and fuel consumption are said to remain unchanged, but the engine's centre of gravity has been lowered by 15mm. This is likely to further improve the car's already renowned composure around bends. The 350Z has also seen a change in standard tyre fitment and is now equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's, a tyre Ferrari uses on some of its models.

The 350Z's bonnet, subtly redesigned to accommodate the new powerplant, is reminiscent of that of its forebear, the iconic 240Z. Three new exterior colours will be offered: Temper Orange (said to contain a subtle green 'flip'), Precision Grey, and Night Blue. These will complement a new 'frost grey' interior trim, whose pale tone is meant to add a touch of sophistication to the car's interior. Active headrests have also been fitted to the seats to minimise the chance of neck injury in a rear impact.

Sales of the revised 350Z will begin in the UK in May. We'll let you know what the new car in Geneva is as soon as the covers come off!

I thought I could live with the new bonnet at a push, but after seeing the side profile in these pics, it`s fecking awful :scare: . No way would I buy one.

I quite like it now :surrender:

I thought it looked OK in the flesh. Far more subtle than the pics suggest.

I thought I could live with the new bonnet at a push, but after seeing the side profile in these pics, it`s fecking awful :scare: . No way would I buy one.

I quite like it now :surrender:

I thought it looked OK in the flesh. Far more subtle than the pics suggest.

Yeah it's growing on me too

looking at the "New" model I think most people would be hard pushed to spot the difference from one of the first model 350's from A few yards away :) nothing there I can see to make want to spend Tens of Thousands more to buy one :blush:

great if you are a buyer for a used one though :headhurt:

looking at the "New" model I think most people would be hard pushed to spot the difference from one of the first model 350's from A few yards away :) nothing there I can see to make want to spend Tens of Thousands more to buy one :blush:

great if you are a buyer for a used one though :headhurt:

think also fo the new G band for road tax... :yahoo: ( my 54's with a "puny" 280bhp is feeling rather smug...)

If the new bonnet fits my 2005 GT4 I'd put it on in a heartbeat. May be a problem with lights etc but I think the worst thing about the current model is the bonnet - it makes the car look like a cheapo Celica!

Hmmm. Think you just pi**ed off the other 1631 members of the site mate! ;):p

not meant, confirmed :)

Mmmm I might go play the game with the Nissan dealers just for the laugh.

What do you know about the new model coming out?

"There's a new model coming out?, let me check.......No its just cosmetic stuff.......

Are you sure about that? Because I've read differently?......

"Let me check"......

Always good to see how much they know about their own range of cars..... :dry:

think also fo the new G band for road tax... :yahoo: ( my 54's with a "puny" 280bhp is feeling rather smug...)

Thats another extra bonus with the GT4, you get the 300bhp engine and also escape the band G tax too. Very few 06 350Z's with the 300bhp engine will fall into the F tax bracket.

Thats another extra bonus with the GT4, you get the 300bhp engine and also escape the band G tax too. Very few 06 350Z's with the 300bhp engine will fall into the F tax bracket.

Mine doesn't :dry:

Mine doesn't :dry:

Nor mine :angry: