Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

where did you source that type n bumper from?

i remember trying to find you one when u ask a while back and have been slowly admiring it for my own car eventually :p

USA unfortunately, no where does it this side of the pond.

I think you pointed me towards madmotors = everything I wanted they can no longer source.

Edited by evilscorp

ouch for the damage to your bumper and your wallet. that gota of cost a bit

as for the damage it doesnt look to bad patch from behind fill and smooth over and itll be better than new :p

take it its a true jp kit then so fitment should be good from the off less modding than any reps out there ( if they exist)

• 3 weeks later...

First attempt at a fiberglass repair, didn't go so well :lol: its been raining on and off past few days so had to try doing it indoors, bad idea.

Too much hardener and too little resin ended up having to mix up some more half way through applying the layers of fiber, hence the reason its got air (white) behind some parts (ok most of it :wacko: )

I will trim off the excess next week when I get a chance (nice weather) and start using filler to cover the crack on the gel coat. Note to self; put the freaking dust mask on before you start mixing the resin otherwise your fingers are covered in sh@^

13240100_10156982791020441_957572313377341706_n_zpsqrtqgump.jpg

13263725_10156982790385441_1995587418735819144_n_zps8ixoh149.jpg

Edited by evilscorp

Great choice on bumper mate!!! Yes it's expensive but soo worth it. Probably only two cars in the uk with that bumper... That's if the pumpkin is still alive.

Not heard about the pumpkin in a while, last I seen on here the wrap was in a sorry state.

Yeah its one of my favourite bumpers, that and the DoLuck but seen a few of them recently and quite hard to get so thought if I am going to have hassle getting one might as well be the one I prefer, shame it got damaged and I am still in the process of trying to claim back some money but not holding my breath. Its so tempting to pay someone to fit it all but I just don't trust people to work on the car anymore so having to buy all the bits myself.

Threaded rivet gun came today

http://www.wesellanytool.com/ekmps/shops/af2de1/images/sealey-short-arm-threaded-nut-riveter-ak3984-77177-p.jpg

Also ordered alu rivet nuts so they don't corrode on the body work or have to use self tappers like the last kit was fitted :yuck:

Need to decide if I will stump the cash for titanium button screws or stainless steel ones as they will be on show/open to the elements.

So set about learning how to fiberglass and use filler....

Not pretty but it wont be seen as its getting a coat of black primer then wrapped :blush:

IMAG0938_zpsswed6z2h.jpg

After sanding by hand my entire life I realized this would take a while, off to B&Q for a cheap palm sander :scare: OMG! life has changed, my finger tips will now have an identity! Why did I not buy a sander before this!!!

IMAG0939_zps1hj8wwhx.jpg

IMAG0940_zpscbmor9il.jpg

IMAG0941_zpsvjfqmxni.jpg

IMAG0942_zpsasj1yqk4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This Poisonous car needs finished!! I keep spending money when I don't have space to work on it!

These turned up today IMAG0949_zpsfxeg3dbs.jpg

So I may attempt to test fit the side skirts or the front wings tomorrow to keep my enthusiasm up while it saps my cash.

Got a lot of work on my hands to make this lot fit good :dry:

IMAG0956_zps2am6izib.jpg

As it was only a test fit the fender inner plastics got in the way slightly so it may not need as much extending of the bolt locations.

IMAG0951_zps3xiymqgm.jpg

IMAG0952_zpsjxpc5k2b.jpg

IMAG0953_zpstyofbvdb.jpg

IMAG0954_zpsh9vua9g9.jpg

Fortunately there wasn't much rust, so a quick wash would do for just now, once its all apart I will repaint and anti rust any areas looking worse for ware,

The AMS fenders go over the headlight slightly, I will need to improve my skills like Brian McCann if i want to cut and splice the oem fenders with these so they dont go over the head lights....

IMAG0957_zpsdmjexgxk.jpg

IMAG0959_zpsmp9og3cu.jpg

The side skirts will need heated to shape better or some work.. :wacko: these will not fit with OEM fenders so had to stick the originals back on.

IMAG0960_zpsbobdaavu.jpg

IMAG0961_zpsaaqa7kdi.jpg

You can see its just a tad shy of the oem clip locations, not worried as they will be rivet nutted into location unlike the wood screws that hold the old skirts on ( dam layzay bodyshop :headhurt: )

Back of the oem fenders wasn't bad for rust which is good if I want to sell them or cut them up :lol:

IMAG0962_zpsqxfariji.jpg

So you can fit a rear bumper in the 350z.....

I had planned to swap the bumpers up at my old garage but when I realized it fitted in the car its much easier to bring it home and buff out the scuff marks (poor storage on my part) then wrap it and start lining up the stardast flares.

IMAG0968_zpshxo6oobg.jpg

IMAG0967_zpszdfa3f0b.jpg

But I also have my eye on the Tarmac diffuser with vortex generators as the oem bumper is too boring for my taste (which is a bit OTT sometimes :yahoo: )

Also bought some valve springs off Simon de silva so I guess I am building the heads now :blush::lol: ..... maybe just a refresh... oem++

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my POISON has been neglected and hasn't been tinkered with in a while, the lack of garage space has put me off doing the next big jobs and this has come into my life

13487775_10157114355530445_1655649820_n_zpsvxikzqqu.jpg

Needs a few things done to it, first issue was the wheel nuts :scare: WHY! Function over form Chrysler! stupid idiots put chrome caps over steel nuts which end up expanding and spinning or like the previous owner just keep hammering a socket on to get the off :headhurt:

Ebay steel nuts £17 job done.

chrysler%20lug%20nuts_zpsqfe87r1p.jpg

lug%20nut%202_zpssybrmamx.jpg

You can see the new nuts in the first picture basically the same but solid steel.

• 1 month later...

The weather is pants but I just missed working on the Z so found a space in the garage to squeeze into to do some mods today.

Its all prep work for wrapping the boot black and fitting the BGW and hopefully the Project Louvres. I will take the car to planet performance to weld up the holes in the boot now that its missing the oem spoiler and wiper.

IMAG1066_zpslmmtjz0r.jpg

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/evilZ69/IMAG1080_zpsfjk4sfxd.jpg

IMAG1067_zpsut3frrzk.jpg

IMAG1068_zpspwsboasa.jpg

I knew I would need this fishing rod again! Coincidentally I might be going fishing on tuesday for the first time since i was 13 lol.

IMAG1069_zps2m9enwtk.jpg

IMAG1071_zpsl7mb4vpi.jpg

Not sure where the plastic clips were as its just tiger seal to my eyes :wacko: maybe added when it was imported.

IMAG1079_zpsvjun3p6f.jpg

IMAG1080_zpsfjk4sfxd.jpg

Edited by evilscorp

• 2 weeks later...

Stripping down the rear tail gate, sending it off to get the holes welded by the same guy that did Paul's lovely red beast.

Hopefully will need a quick coat of primer and paint for protection underneath the wrap then the BGW finally goes on.

IMAG10831_zpsx0hbifb4.jpg

IMAG10841_zpswppgsr2i.jpg

eight bolts, two wires and the rear wiper spray hose off. Next up is to check it fits in the 300C boot lol.

IMAG10861_zpswu6jc9gi.jpg

So things escalated quickly.. I was going to be removing the boot for welding then my dad persuaded me, that we(me) could use fiberglass/filler to fill the holes and stick the badge back on to cover the two which can't be accessed from behind.

Then I was simply going to measure up my oil temp/fuel pressure gauge with the drivers door air vent which I had seen someone on here fill with a gauge.

IMAG1104_zpsibytng0h.jpg

IMAG1107_zpshxjn724w.jpg

IMAG1108_zpsxp64uzak.jpg

IMAG1109_zpsmppovvjb.jpg

IMAG1110_zpsbcyj0ktk.jpg

IMAG1106_zpsxzvzofnb.jpg

Now I find myself emailing folk to get quotes for alcantara re-trims of both doors and I will be replacing some of the boot trim because 'it's not a racecar' its just something I like to drive but too scared now to crash on a track. Back to a GT car she goes.

So Alcantara ain't cheap :scare: ended up having to buy it from germany as it was the cheapest somehow. Also will be turning an ebay diffuser into a rocket bunny style as the knight racer ones seem overly expensive. But my new indicators turned up and I started spraying the holes, very labor intensive for little change in appearance. Just needs a layer of lacquer before I wrap and then drill some holes for the new spoiler location (which no doubt will need the stands sanded to fit the curve of poisons ass.

IMAG1118_zpscqj6labc.jpg

IMAG1115_zpsdoabqy9f.jpg

IMAG1117_zpseazvdhdv.jpg

Forgot to take photos after I sanded the filler and primer down. Its pretty boring so I am sure any sad folk reading this wont mind.

• 2 weeks later...

As per usual I got side tracked, outside door handles came off to remove the crappy plastidip and use proper paint.

IMAG1121_zpsh7zoypqb.jpg

IMAG1122_zpswyapumrr.jpg

IMAG1123_zpseve9xdol.jpg

Had to sand down the areas under the handle as rust bubbles were starting to show, I have yet to remove the masking tape to see the poor quality job that will be hidden by the handles and the wrap :blush:

IMAG1124_zpsrq2oq2xy.jpg

IMAG1125_zpshyn8umaw.jpg

They are now black and awaiting a few coats of clear.

IMAG1120_zpsvtkkm1ap.jpg

Arse is ready for spoiler test fit and wrap.

Diffuser arrived, so did all the material for the doors, now A pillar gauge pod and kinetics plenum enroute too, maybe other stuff but keep buying stuff when I have an argument with the missus.... :lol:

'' Its so tempting to pay someone to fit it all but I just don't trust people to work on the car anymore so having to buy all the bits myself.''

^^^ this is very true especially with kits they haven't fitted before...

looking forward to see it all together :thumbs: might draw some inspiration from it :snack:

• Like 1

Thanks, shame I haven't fitted many kits either :lol: I just know I will take my time and not cheap out or half ass bits that matter.

I admit it would probably work out the same to have someone else do it as I am having to buy tools each step of the way but these will help me in the future if I start modifying cars more frequently.

• Like 1

Thanks, shame I haven't fitted many kits either :lol: I just know I will take my time and not cheap out or half ass bits that matter.

I admit it would probably work out the same to have someone else do it as I am having to buy tools each step of the way but these will help me in the future if I start modifying cars more frequently.

were both in the same boat then :blush::lol:

Handles back on.

IMAG1127_zpsvmks845t.jpg

attempt at wrapping door controls, looks naff but I will keep it until I decide to fork out on real CF ones.

IMAG1129_zpsocwmhr2e.jpg

Side skirts and rear bumper off, new stuff on tomorrow if the weather is nice.

IMAG1140_zpseuwpqrvo.jpg

Padded diamond stitched leather for the armrests.

IMAG1141_zpsqvajbo1d.jpg

Should be a better update tomorrow :)

front off

IMAG1143_zpsnuelpb6c.jpg

fender plastics cut

IMAG1144_zpsl4qbafgp.jpg

IMAG1148_zpsazdoic8g.jpg

IMAG1146_zps2monc5sd.jpg

bit of jiggery pokery needed and a pry bar :wacko:

IMAG1147_zpsbkrybbym.jpg

not too bad,

IMAG1149_zpsl1dbyaut.jpg

IMAG1150_zpsm8wfh58g.jpg

this needs a freddy kruger hack and slash to fit as the intercooler is sticking so far forward.

IMAG1153_zps72fagqtg.jpg

can't fit the sideskirts myself, probably a two man job :dry:

IMAG1154_zpsmthtan9a.jpg

IMAG1155_zpspnybejmj.jpg

Main thing is it all semi lines up, my cordless drill is dead and my dad is on holiday so will start drilling holes tomorrow. need some longer bolts as the bottom fender fixing point sticks out too far from the chassis.

• Like 1