Vlad's Supercharged 350Z - pg20 Banzai Mag Feature

Vlad

Thought I'll start my project log... hope you like! :)

Got it about 8months ago and love it.

Little pre-story...lol

Bought it from parkway motors in mansfield...AVAOID THEM IF YOU CAN... went on a test drive(saturday)-all was ok apart from drivers side window regulator was gone...so they told me i cant have it till tuesday untill they fit new regulator and do new MOT for it...also noticed that boot struts not holding boot lid up...so asked to change that as well-on which they said ok, no problem... so i went home... managed to get day off from work on tuesday to pick it up...phoned them up on monday night and they told me that i cant have car till wed, because window regulaor not been delivered yet and car won't pass MOT if widnow dont open....same happenned on wed....regulator still wasnt there and got told to come on friday or sat to pick the car up....whch i wasnt very happy about-as was very excited and wanted to drive it! Luckily one of my mates is MOT tester and he said that electric windows are not part of MOT...so i phoned them and said that I'll pick the car up on thursday and they can just post regulator to me and i fit it myself....picked car up on thursday morning....on the way back home, on M1, car ran out of petrol when trip computer was still saying 90miles to empty!!!! Got my mate to drive to services and bring me some petrol....got home eventually....filled up full tank of V-power and constantly smelled petrol inside and outside the car...pulled over-looked under the car-and noticed petrol just pouring out on the ground! Checked it 1st thing in the morning-found that on fuel pump metal cover 1 screw/bolt was missing-so there is was a gap and petrol when pressured was just leaking out! Fitted new o-ring and missing bolt-fixed the problem....but 1 month later, after phoning them every 2-3days-still never received window regulator...eventully about 2.5months later i got....fitted-all ok... but still no new boot struts! Every time i phone them-they promise to order them and send them to me....now 10months later-still ent got them! They are not that expensive, and can buy them myself-but thats not the point lol

So car had knackered window regulator, boot struts, fuel sender and fuel leak... fuel leak was there for a while as well as metal underneath the car, where petrol was leaking, was shiny like new....i wonder how they done and passed MOT day before? T**sers!

Rant over haha All fixed now (apart from fuel sender....took both of them out, cleanned, so about 90% accurate now)

Done few bits to it so far...

This is how I got her

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Vlad

Got new JVC head unit witg flush surrounder, so looks like factory fit.

photo.jpg

Carbon wrapped central console (Massive thanks to m mate Chris for wasting 2 days to do it ) Didnt go to well at the top bit, where the dials are, so will get it re-done by a professional...either rewrapped or dipped.

photo-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Also replaced few little bits, like interier bulb light/side lights/number plate lights - all been replaced with bright white LED bulbs and new short aerial.

6.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Carbon look repeaters

Before:

IMG_1107.jpg

After:

IMG_1108.jpg

few more bits ordered :)

photo-15.jpg

345.jpg

wheels/spacers (bought from one of the traders here)

123.jpg

DSCF2541.jpg

exhaust

7654.jpg

carbon fibre bonnet(bought from one of the members on here)

bonnet.jpg

And some black wheel nuts/lcking nuts as the ones that came with the wheels were silver ones

34567.jpg

Car Pics

photo-23.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

Also realised that wa*kers didnt include centre caps stickers with the wheels, so had to carbon wrap them for now. Ordered some Nismo one

Before:

photo-24.jpg

Then

photo-25.jpg

photo-27.jpg

After

photo-26.jpg

Nismo centre caps stickers

3456.png

parts fitted

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

sprayed my spacers black, so they less visible. Had to spray them on the car as my mate put them on and done a proper job tighting them up, so i simply couldnt take them off haha

before

photo-28.jpg

spraying

photo-29.jpg

forgot to take an "after" pic lol but looks much better

also had nismo center caps delivered, so fitted them as well

photo-30.jpg

photo-31.jpg

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

A lot of work gone in.

Which trader exactly are you calling a wan*er :blush:

Wouldn't have gone with the Nismo wheel centres as they aren't Nismo wheels. Exhaust sounds B)

Thanks! Yea, they are not nismo, just when i bought it-i didnt declare wheels to ins straight away...and could of got away if pulled over by po-po by sayng they are nissan/nismo wheels...they wouldnt know in most cases anyway lol

and trader....no one from here :) i guess its my own fault for not checking description properly :bangin:

Edited by Vlad

next on the list:

C/F rear diffuser

C/F bits for under the bonnet (engine cover, bettery/brake fluid covers,bonnet gas struts and other bits....u got the idea :)

New strut brace

Cold air feed/or upgraded panel filter....not decided yet

De-cat + Y-pipe (+ probably will have to change exhaust as curently running japspeed k1 and its loud as it is lol)

Plenum spacer and remap/uprev

Also would like to get leather seats instead of cloths ones

Oh and need new driver's side rear light as mine keeps misting up.... :(

Would be greatful to any suggestions :)

Edited by Vlad

C/F rear diffuser

C/F bits for under the bonnet (engine cover, bettery/brake fluid covers,bonnet gas struts and other bits....u got the idea :)

New strut brace

Cold air feed/or upgraded panel filter....not decided yet

De-cat + Y-pipe (+ probably will have to change exhaust as curently running japspeed k1 and its loud as it is lol)

For the above :pmtarmac: or Steve 350z or CS

Plenum spacer and remap/uprev

PM Jez or Abbey

Also would like to get leather seats instead of cloths one

Oh and need new driver's side rear light as mine keeps misting up.... :(

And these :pmzmanalex:

:thumbs:

Edited by DoogyRev

if i was you i would try and get those spacers off sooner rather than later, then copper slip them and refit them. unless you've done that already. if you don;t you mayfind the spacer will weld its self to the hub and when you come to remove them you'll have to cut them off.

Think you should enter this into the calender competition myself

how do i do it? tried to search for it and cant find...only 2012 calendar threads. Thanks

if i was you i would try and get those spacers off sooner rather than later, then copper slip them and refit them. unless you've done that already. if you don;t you mayfind the spacer will weld its self to the hub and when you come to remove them you'll have to cut them off.

Thanks for advise mate! I think my friend,mechanic, who fitted everything-mentionned it and hopefully done it as well...will ask him and will do it if he ent done it already :thumbs:

Seems that thread didn't import into the new site correctly if you want to enter it and i think you should as it very different from anything i've seen before then send a PM with the picture in to

DoogyRev

He can add it to the list of photos for the voting at end of year as the Calender co-ordinator

Edited by rodgeevans

Should be able to help you out with some bits on your list :)

Thanks :) already gone thru the selling list....so much i want to buy haha saving £ now, so im sure ill be in touch very soon :)

Seems that thread didn't import into the new site correctly if you want to enter it and i think you should as it very different from anything i've seen before then send a PM with the picture in to

DoogyRev

He can add it to the list of photos for the voting at end of year as the Calender co-ordinator

Oh cool! Will PM him. Thanks a lot for your help :thumbs: