New forum help!

Stew

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: nice one guys - must've been a lot of hard work

suggest though that if you're going to have video on home page it doesn't play automatically - nothing more annoying than noise as soon as you log onto a site perhaps just a linky :thumbs:

Good suggestion Vik - I can set autoplay to off. May get people into trouble at work :lol::blush:

None here, on iOS 6 iPad. I can see ones posted since the upgrade, but no old ones. I also can't see a list of smileys to click to use either.

Also, www.350z-uk.com goes straight to a directory list, not the splash page.

I can see smileys on my ipad but cant see a list of smileys to use either unless its hidden away somewhere.

Nice work guys, site looks good

can you take a screen shot? Just tested with i.e. here and all looks ok. :shrug:

Smilies will not be available for selection on Ipad as they rely on the rich text editor - which is only supported under iOS 5. An update is expected shortly to bring the smilies back for ipad users, but at present they would just cause a slowdown for people using ipads. You can still type the code directly if you like. i.e. : teeth : without the spaces becomes :teeth:

Is there still the option to view active topics anywhere?

New site looking great by the way! B)

Click "view new content" top right. You can then filter this new content by date, section of the site (gallery, forums etc). If you wish to mark any section as read, then on the main forum list, click the dark grey Z over on the left and you can mark the whole of that section read. The Z then becomes light grey.

Oh and if you like it that much, you can now "like" a post and announce it on facebook or a multitude of other sites - see icons at the bottom :)

Also noticed that when i click view new content it seems to randomly select either members, home, forum rather than maintain the last selection. Pressing it twice then returns to the forum view.

Messages also send an automatic email to my email account. Is there any way to deactivate that otherwise my inbox will be chocca :)

When I go to change the theme on iPhone it takes me from the full site to mobile. I then click full site again and Beavis's car is still there.

I can't see nothing more than Ultra Yellow :thumbdown:

Also when there is a 4+ page thread, on the left you'll see pages 1, 2, 3, 4. When I go to page 4 I cannot select page one, unless I first go to page 2, because page 1 isn't visible. If that makes sense?

Liking the new message pop up whilst you're on the forum, very smart :)

Edited by Wasso

Also noticed that when i click view new content it seems to randomly select either members, home, forum rather than maintain the last selection. Pressing it twice then returns to the forum view.

Messages also send an automatic email to my email account. Is there any way to deactivate that otherwise my inbox will be chocca :)

When you click new content, it will show you new content based on the section of the forum you are in at the time. i.e. if you are viewing this post and click new content, you will be shown new content in the forums. If you are viewing a gallery and click new content, it will show you new gallery content.

If you go to your username at the top, select profile, then select "edit profile" over on the right, you can manage your notification settings there under the "notification options". If you want to be really nerdy, I believe you can set it to notify you on your mobile!

When you click new content, it will show you new content based on the section of the forum you are in at the time. i.e. if you are viewing this post and click new content, you will be shown new content in the forums. If you are viewing a gallery and click new content, it will show you new gallery content.

If you go to your username at the top, select profile, then select "edit profile" over on the right, you can manage your notification settings there under the "notification options". If you want to be really nerdy, I believe you can set it to notify you on your mobile!

Excellent thanks for the info. :)

When I go to change the theme on iPhone it takes me from the full site to mobile. I then click full site again and Beavis's car is still there.

I can't see nothing more than Ultra Yellow :thumbdown:

Also when there is a 4+ page thread, on the left you'll see pages 1, 2, 3, 4. When I go to page 4 I cannot select page one, unless I first go to page 2, because page 1 isn't visible. If that makes sense?

Liking the new message pop up whilst you're on the forum, very smart :)

When on the full version, select "change theme" rather than mobile theme, that will let you pick a colour.

To go back to page 1, click the button with << on it to the left of number 2, that will get you back to the first page.