Garage woes...

MrsNiki

Just rented a garage off my local council for winter, want to keep my zed happy, warm and dry! However....

ITS TOO WIDE FOR THE GARAGE!!!!!!!

Can get the car in, but i can't open the door, and am petrified of dinging the doors to try and get out.....

Anybody have the same issue, and how do you deal with it? Thinking maybe carpeting the walls, or pushing the zed in if i line it up right....

Or maybe i'm just a woman driver with rubbish parking skills ;)

any help appreciated!

Niki :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rented a garage off my local council for winter, want to keep my zed happy, warm and dry! However....

ITS TOO WIDE FOR THE GARAGE!!!!!!!

Can get the car in, but i can't open the door, and am petrified of dinging the doors to try and get out.....

Anybody have the same issue, and how do you deal with it? Thinking maybe carpeting the walls, or pushing the zed in if i line it up right....

Or maybe i'm just a woman driver with rubbish parking skills ;)

any help appreciated!

Niki :D

Get out through the boot? Lol

Nicky,

Nah, your driving skills are fine, I watched you yesterday ;)

If the mirrors dont touch, (best to fold them in anyway), then you will be okay.

Park as far to the left as possible and best to cushion the wall for the driver's side. :thumbs:

Alex :)

If the mirrors dont touch, (best to fold them in anyway), then you will be okay.

Park as far to the left as possible and best to cushion the wall for the driver's side. :thumbs:

:worthless:

Classy, especially in a dress and heels!! it won't be the zed thats a head turner in that situation, it'll be me!! lol :headhurt:

i had the same problem but i was able to try the garage for size first as i had a feeling the car might not fit, when i reversed up there was about an inch either side of the wheel arch i knew i wouldn't be able to get out so had to give it a miss :thumbdown:

I too rent, from barnet council in nw London. I never tried the garage beforehand and upon driving up, was immediately worried. Wheel arches fit in with roughly 6 inches each side of the door, but upon entering, my garage (don't all?) opens out roughly a brick's worth each side. Thus, driving, as has been said, to the left once through doors, and parking close to passenger side wall, it leaves room to open the door a third of the way. I have an old, thick plastic folder taped to the wall where the door opens, to take any impact when if I forget...but I don't. Point is, door won't fully open but you can squeeze out of the z rather comfortably after a few goes. let me tell you....the inner glow I have had, during bad weather, taking it out looking pristine, and the knowledge that it (she) is all tucked up....is well,well worth it. I pay £58 a month incidentally (expensive until I heard that is a modest weekly charge for lots of areas in London)....how much you being charged?

Hope this helps...god the things we tootle about on here,......but toilets are made for this, NO?

Vini69 said

I pay £58 a month incidentally (expensive until I heard that is a modest weekly charge for lots of areas in London)....how much you being charged?

I wish I could find it that cheap where I am! Looking into storage for the Zed over winter and cheapest I can find is £100 per month :headhurt:

Vini69 said

I pay £58 a month incidentally (expensive until I heard that is a modest weekly charge for lots of areas in London)....how much you being charged?

I wish I could find it that cheap where I am! Looking into storage for the Zed over winter and cheapest I can find is £100 per month :headhurt:

Holy toots your being ripped off!! My local council is charging £8 a week!!

Nicky,

Haha, do you know how much concentration i had trying to reverse out of your drive!! :lol:

I used to have a problem like that but I found I could make more space for the drivers door by going in very slightly diagonally, I found that turning diagonally after the mirrors were in was best and I put carpet on the left hand wall to protect the front wheel arch. :)

Nicky,

Haha, do you know how much concentration i had trying to reverse out of your drive!! :lol:

Its the massive pot holes you have to watch :lol:

Nicky,

haha, yep them too!! dodging all over the place :lol: looked pi**ed driving out!

Nicky,

haha, yep them too!! dodging all over the place :lol: looked pi**ed driving out!

I totally had to read that twice :blush::lol:

Nicky,

I totally had to read that twice :blush::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what do you take me for..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its not you lol...... I have a naughty mind ;):lol:

I didn't even know what "that" meant until I heard it being discussed on radio 2 a year or so ago ....... and then i had to look it up on t'internet.......bit of a shock then mind, trying to shut down all the pop ups :lol::lol::lol::blush:

I didn't even know what "that" meant until I heard it being discussed on radio 2 a year or so ago ....... and then i had to look it up on t'internet.......bit of a shock then mind, trying to shut down all the pop ups :lol::lol::lol::blush:

Being from wales, you may know it as 'sheeping'.... But what's more distubing is that it was discussed on Radio 2.....

Being from wales, you may know it as 'sheeping'.... But what's more distubing is that it was discussed on Radio 2.....

LOL....... well being a young man at the old age of 25...... you hear that word quite alot, especially if you go out drinking with neil p :lol:

"Being from wales, you may know it as 'sheeping'...." - thats what green wellies are for :p

Radio 2 - thats why I innocently googled it :scare:

LOL....... well being a young man at the old age of 25...... you hear that word quite alot, especially if you go out drinking with neil p :lol:

:shrug::p:lol:

:shrug::p:lol:

Yes........ YOU sir... = bad influence....... but I wouldnt have it any other way :drunk::drunk::band:

Take it on the chin.....you are a woman. Nuff said. :bangin:

Haha, yeah whatevs...... I'm usually good at getting big things in small spaces..... And I'm talking parking before the dirty minds pop up!! Used to park my Rav4 first time everytime, the zed proves more challenging!

:p:lol: