Squeaking drivers chair

Will370z

Haha i cant help being a giant :teeth:

Dont think its the seat rubbing the back of the car as i always have it forward to avoid that and it seems to squeek regardless of how far forward or back the seat is. Sounds like its coming from the springs / support with the bottom of the seat.

http://www.slimmingworld.com :thumbs:

:lol::lol: more that id need to see a surgeon to lop off a few inches

Haha i cant help being a giant :teeth:

Dont think its the seat rubbing the back of the car as i always have it forward to avoid that and it seems to squeek regardless of how far forward or back the seat is. Sounds like its coming from the springs / support with the bottom of the seat.

http://www.slimmingworld.com :thumbs:

:lol::lol: more that id need to see a surgeon to lop off a few inches

can I have them :clap::surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same squeaking, like you say intermittent and when going over bumps ...

Nissan have taken seat apart twice under warranty but its still there. Tonight driving home, I finally found that it is the seat belt mechanism on the left side of the drivers seat. If you pull the belt when its clipped in, you can induce the squeak/squeal.

Its into the dealer for a new headlight tomorrow, another story, started her up Saturday night, so find one of the xenon's was not working, Sunday morning headlight was fully of extreme condensation, so new headlight under warranty, Anyway I digress, when its in, I will speak to the master tech and explain the squeak, so I'll let you know what he does ...

Bubba out

Will, can't help with this exact problem, but my chair drives me crazy rubbing against plastic behind it. Now Im only 5'8" so can't understand why you're able to nudge your seat forwards a bit - are your knees next to your ears or something. Has anyone had to stick anything to the back of their chair and, if so, what?? Sorry to hijack your thread ;)

Will, can't help with this exact problem, but my chair drives me crazy rubbing against plastic behind it. Now Im only 5'8" so can't understand why you're able to nudge your seat forwards a bit - are your knees next to your ears or something. Has anyone had to stick anything to the back of their chair and, if so, what?? Sorry to hijack your thread ;)

Yeah i really dont get it, i guess im an odd shape, 6ft7 isnt easy to get in the zed but i manage to get plenty of clearance behind my seat as i dont like any leather rubbing noises. Admittedly i could most probably work the sat nav with my knee caps but its pretty comfy. I spent ages adjusting the seat to get a perfect position.

I think the 370z cockpit is alot smaller than the 350z or at least thats the way it feels. I also found the 350z seats alot more comfy- a trip from knockhill to worcs in one trip was no problem. Rosie is still very comfortable though and i have no issues with long drives.

I have the exact same squeaking, like you say intermittent and when going over bumps ...

Nissan have taken seat apart twice under warranty but its still there. Tonight driving home, I finally found that it is the seat belt mechanism on the left side of the drivers seat. If you pull the belt when its clipped in, you can induce the squeak/squeal.

I also have noticed a slight annoying noise coming from the seat belt mechanism when its connected, I also recall having this same noise on my old 350z. I think I might just squirt a bit of wd40 around the area to see if that helps.

Guys you are bang on the money, managed to reproduce the sound exactly. Plug the drivers seatbelt in then tug on the seat belt and the seat belt locking unit down by my left hand side makes the squeak. Cheers i now know where to focus the fix, thanks.

Guys you are bang on the money, managed to reproduce the sound exactly. Plug the drivers seatbelt in then tug on the seat belt and the seat belt locking unit down by my left hand side makes the squeak. Cheers i now know where to focus the fix, thanks.

:yahoo: Hope you get it fixed Will :thumbs:

Good to hear you had find the noisy area. I hope you get it sorted :)

Edited by KaizerMotor

found this on another forum...

I also have an intermittent click/squeak from my seat which is due to the front height adjuster. Something to do with the star washers they put on the end of the bars to secure them on according to the 370z forum supposedly for 2009 cars with non electric seats and there was a TSB. A quick adjust of the height and it stops clicking/squeaking...

hth :thumbs:

Edited by steve-r

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, a couple of drops of wd40 into the mechanics which the seat belt locking mechanism goes into nd not a squeak now thank goodness. The ocd part of me can ow rest in peace. Very happy.

Glad you had a good result :thumbs:

Edited by steve-r

• 2 weeks later...