rear badge removal

haytonz

hi was just woundering how do you take the rear badges off and if any damage would be left to the paint under or any holes, my zed is a roadster if that makes a diffrence :)

Warm water and Dental Floss. Some people also use a hair dryer. It will leave two small holes ( i think ) and then obviously the residue of the glue. Are you wanting to replace them with a different badge or go for the smooth look?

dental floss dudnt work for me but seems popular with others. i just bought cheap fishing wire, poured water and done a sawing effect through badge.

once the badge is off, youll be left with oads of the glue and 2 holes where badge was. easiest way is to pick the glue off or let it dry, and keep rubbing with ur finger, itll eventually lose stickyness and fall off (be aware u will get burny finger syndrome)

No holes, I can confirm this. Be a man, just get your finger nails behind the damm thing and pull it off. Thats how I did it, none of this pussying around with floss, g-strings, hair dryers etc..... :stir:

Thats if you have nails to do that Zugs, unlike myself! If it means being a man try doing it with your teeth instead Haydn :teeth:

No holes, I can confirm this. Be a man, just get your finger nails behind the damm thing and pull it off. Thats how I did it, none of this pussying around with floss, g-strings, hair dryers etc..... :stir:

Thats if you have nails to do that Zugs, unlike myself! If it means being a man try doing it with your teeth instead Haydn :teeth:

Stop biting them then.......or have you no fingers :lol:

Took my "Fairlady Z" off with warm water and dental floss, definitely NO HOLES

Cleaned the glue off with celulose thinners (nail polish remover) but it is serious stuff especially on car paint so just wipe it (Don't let it soak)

Left my Burger in the middle so don't know if there's holes behind that one

Took about 5 minutes, that's all, no problems

so i will take the 350z badge of but leave the nissan badge on till ome one confirms theres no holes :thumbs:

THERE ARE TWO HOLES that locate the Nissan badge at the rear of the 350Z

There are no holes under the Nissan badge at the front of the 350Z

FACT

Anyone that has taken the badges off will confirm this

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

so i will take the 350z badge of but leave the nissan badge on till ome one confirms theres no holes :thumbs:

THERE ARE TWO HOLES that locate the Nissan badge at the rear of the 350Z

There are no holes under the Nissan badge at the front of the 350Z

FACT

Anyone that has taken the badges off will confirm this

Amen brother :lol:

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Easiest thing to do mate, get some fishing wire for few quid, and remove th badge to see if it has the holes. My car has holes and its coupe, cant confirm about roadster but seems mixed opinions. If u got holes, get some double sided sticky nd put back on.

You can try dental floss, but these guys must be using horse dental floss as my human stuff just snapped under any tension.

my dads car is a roadster so it should be alright then, ive done the 350z badge today and it works really is so easy :) went with zugaras advise and just pulled them off so easy then i used auto glym tar remover and a toothbrush and there you have it :thumbs: , going to do the nissan badge tomorow, one more question was dose jdm mean :bangin:

my dads car is a roadster so it should be alright then, ive done the 350z badge today and it works really is so easy :) went with zugaras advise and just pulled them off so easy then i used auto glym tar remover and a toothbrush and there you have it :thumbs: , going to do the nissan badge tomorow, one more question was dose jdm mean :bangin:

Japanese domestic market. :thumbs: