FORCE INDUCTION MAX POWER WITH STOCK VQ35DE

keiichi tsuchiya

hi,

i have a question for installation of a FI on my 350z with vq35de...

how much power gain on my motor without break anything?

i have finde a Single Turbo kit, Twin Turbo kit, compressor, centrifugal compressor, etc. ...

There are also many brands ...

the compressor stillen seemed to lower cost for the same power ...

but the greatest expression of power would go to the Greddy twin turbo ...

but with the stock engine how much power can you get?

must necessarily changed the clutch?

if anyone can describe the various types of kits that thing have to change once more in fitting the kit (type injectors, fuel pump, clutch, flywheel etc ...)

stillen but then go on the bonnet belonging, no other k must be taken that is not contained in the supercharger kit?

hi,

i have finde a Single Turbo kit, Twin Turbo kit, compressor, centrifugal compressor, etc. ...

if anyone can describe the various types of kits that thing have to change once more in fitting the kit (type injectors, fuel pump, clutch, flywheel etc ...)

stillen but then go on the bonnet belonging, no other k must be taken that is not contained in the supercharger kit?

PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON....... this topic has been covered sooooo many times. Thank you

hi,

PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON....... this topic has been covered sooooo many times. Thank you

Such a polite young man :D

sorry for not knowing English well is very difficult for me ...

:)

if it is not a problem you can give me some link of the forum where it is spoken?

Look in the Forced Induction area, read the titles and select the appropriate threads that'll answer your question. Although a large number of them may contain Lexx doing this :bang:

:teeth:

Quick answer since I'm feeling generous today.

VQ35DE max on stock internals = circa 400bhp

VQ35HR max on stock internals = circa 500bhp.

These are rough figures as its the associated torque that kills the engine, not the actual power.

It's been covered many times in the forums "Forced Induction" section.

There are 3 options - Supercharger, Single turbo, Twin turbo.

:teeth:

Quick answer since I'm feeling generous today.

VQ35DE max on stock internals = circa 400bhp

VQ35HR max on stock internals = circa 500bhp.

These are rough figures as its the associated torque that kills the engine, not the actual power.

It's been covered many times in the forums "Forced Induction" section.

Go Lexx :clap:;)

Or twin supercharger now thanks to GTM, possibly only 370Z though.

That TS will be awesome.

:snack:

I'm interested to see but I'm not so sure, surely a twin supercharger will hit about the same power as a single (as your near max on stock internals anyway) but with more drag on the engine?

I'm interested to see but I'm not so sure, surely a twin supercharger will hit about the same power as a single (as your near max on stock internals anyway) but with more drag on the engine?

I suppose a twin turbo with the same power output with a single turbo will have more resistance, but the engine will have the same duration ...

but to have a stable engine that is not likely to break up on what powers you can get in torque and horsepower?

350cv? 400?

I suppose a twin turbo with the same power output with a single turbo will have more resistance, but the engine will have the same duration ...

but to have a stable engine that is not likely to break up on what powers you can get in torque and horsepower?

350cv? 400?

with only one compressor stillen get there? or do you also change injectors and fuel pump? the stock clutch can handle?

I was talking about the new GTM twin supercharger system (370Z only I believe), superchargers differ from turbos - a turbo is driven by the exhaust where as a SC is driven by the engine itself so you lose power when not on boost. I would have thought having twin SCs instead of a single would increase the amount of BHP lost.

I was talking about the new GTM twin supercharger system (370Z only I believe), superchargers differ from turbos - a turbo is driven by the exhaust where as a SC is driven by the engine itself so you lose power when not on boost. I would have thought having twin SCs instead of a single would increase the amount of BHP lost.

Agreed, I can see two main reasons why two might be better than one. Reason on would be if you were going to put two whacking great blowers on it to get to power levels you just couldn't achieve with one. The second reason would be to use two smaller units instead of one big one, as smaller superchargers (from looking at compressor maps) tend to have a wider working rev range, i.e they start to produce significant boost sooner and they can rev higher, but of course move less air overall. Really big superchargers (talking about the Rotrex ones mainly here) can have compressor maps that look almost turbo-like, with not a lot of boost low down, but with quite a low RPM limit as well so you have to choose between low boost low down, or over-revving the compressor. Two small superchargers would give you a system where you were getting serious boost lower down in the rev range but without maxing out the compressor or flatlining at 4kRPM, whilst still moving a decent amont of air in total. Would seem like a lot of extra plumbing to solve a relatively small problem, but each to their own.

DB

I shall now wait for Mark et. al. to tell me everything I just posted is wrong...

350cv? 400?

350cv? 400?

with only one compressor stillen get there? or do you also change injectors and fuel pump? the stock clutch can handle?

These are all variables depending on the parts you have used, fuel you are running, mapping, atmospheric conditions. If you are just chasing 400+hp then get a V8 conversion, it will be more reiable and probably cheaper in the long run. :)

350cv? 400?

350cv? 400?

These are all variables depending on the parts you have used, fuel you are running, mapping, atmospheric conditions. If you are just chasing 400+hp then get a V8 conversion, it will be more reiable and probably cheaper in the long run. :)

no no ...

not 400 hp more ...

but starting from 300 up to the stock with the original engine?